Snexploration Casting call! Aerobiz (ep 11)

It’s final! Aerobiz was the winner by a country mile (which is 150% of a regular mile and 200% of an urban mile).

Aerobiz

It’s an Airline Simulation game. I already know @Tulpa is voting for this, because it “looks like a Euro board game.”

“You are the CEO of an airline company. Your goal is to become the most successful airline in the world by connecting all 22 cities with air routes, maintain a profit, and meet the required quota of passengers. If you cannot turn a profit for a year or meet the victory conditions in 32 years you lose.”

I’m excited for this one! Gonna try and put a good amount of time in as befits a good host

The Salaryman game is

Heiwa Pachinko World 3

“Like its predecessors, it features virtual approximation of real-life pachinko machines manufactured by the Heiwa Corporation. Players can train for the real thing by playing their virtual facsimiles over and over, with various tips and tricks provided by the game for maximum payouts”

The link to the discord is below. The ROM pack is in the #resources channel. Just go to the Dropbox and download the zip file. Also, feel free to join and just hang out! We’ve got emojis and like to shitpost.

https://doodle.com/poll/m26vu2v5r35utx6q

As a reminder, we discuss the game based on 5 topics, listed below without description:

• Gun
  • Vanity
  • Mystery
  • Poetry
  • Harmony

If you’re recording, please play the main game for an hour or so, and take a couple of notes on those 5 topics.

And for Pachinko, seriously, don’t spend more than 5 minutes on it unless you’re really digging it.

super punch out might be the most SNES-by-the-numbers game that nintendo ever put out. here’s your three save files, here’s your more forgiving version of our NES title, sure, fine, whatever

all I remember about X3 is that zero only has one life per playthrough which is ridiculous (a review I read as a kid specifically phrased it as “one life to give for his country” which is so silly that it stuck in my mind all these years) but there’s like one endgame boss that he’s canonically supposed to die against to give megaman his sword which becomes the equivalent of the ohko street fighter moves from the last two games

1 Like

aerobiz will totally make for the most interesting podcast

i fucken hope so!!!

2 Likes

my experience of playing hardcore simulation games on the SNES has always been miserable but the other two really aren’t obscure enough so

we’re only obscurantists by the virtues of randomization.

(but that was why i chose to do it randomly so i guess it works out)

3 Likes

this kind of bizarre “almost-art” content in games is probably my favorite thing. I love games that attempt poignancy but demand unreasonable things in return.

4 Likes

Add an extra vote for Aerobiz please. That’s like the only SNES game I’ve played multiplayer via ZSNES.

Aerobiz rules, I jokingly cite it all the time

I had no idea Aerobiz had such a reputation! But I did vote for it.

I’m also baffled but I’m glad people aren’t voting for it ironically. I think aerobiz is pretty much locked in now. I’m just very skeptical about simulation style games on the SNES, so maybe this game can change my mind

is aerobiz 2 basically the same but better or is it significantly different

my understanding is the former

It’s a casting call now! I’m excited about this one despite my initial misgivings :dansemacabre:

Forgot to mention this in the thread in case anyone’s not hanging in the discord - we’re recording today at 12-2 PM Pacific. So about 2.5 hours from now.

it’s a week late but it’s out

it’s a good one and features an original Tulpa Tune. Beat that, official SelectButton Podcast

7 Likes

I take back what I said about Pocket Camp. I made a skate ramp and the elephant really likes it

5 Likes

goty