SNEXploration Baseball Episode, and voting on the next game!!

https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/1312180092852858882

Go listen to it baseball lovers and non baseball lovers alike. It’s a good’n!!!

The next game we are playing is the @Tulpa choice, Wonder Project J, but I’m also doing voting on the next game after that!! Here’s the twitter thread where you can vote for the next game:

https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/1312186594338643970

And for the games, well…it’s certainly A Batch of Games!! Here’s a description of each for your edification:

Super Shougi

Super Shogi is a shogi game from I’Max Corp and the second Super Famicom game based on the popular Eastern variant of chess, after 1991’s Shodan Morita Shogi. It was eventually followed up with two sequels: Super Shogi 2 and Super Shogi 3: Kitaihei.

Final Knockout / Boxing Legends of the Ring / Chavez II

Boxing Legends of the Ring, also known as Chavez II (Mexico) and Final Knockout (Japan) is a boxing game released on the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis platforms. The game includes a license from The Ring , a famous boxing magazine, and features many famous middleweight boxers as well as an option for the player to create their own boxer.

The game was released in the US and PAL territories as Boxing Legends of the Ring, a title that subtly implies the involvement of The Ring magazine. The game was later re-released in Mexico with the title Chavez II, with a Spanish localization. In Japan the game was published as Final Knockout by Pack-in-Video.

The game features various famous middleweight boxers that the player can fight as, and against, in the Exhibition and Battle of the Legends mode. They include:

• Sugar Ray Leonard
  • Roberto Duran
  • Thomas Hearns
  • Marvin Hagler
  • Sugar Ray Robinson
  • James Toney
  • Rocky Graziano
  • Jake “Raging Bull” LaMotta

Battle Dodge Ball - Toukyuu Daigekitotsu!

Battle Dodge Ball (or Battle Dodgeball) is a dodgeball game from Sun L and Banpresto that pits heroes and villains from the Gundam, Ultraman and Kamen Rider universes against each other in dodgeball matches. Similarly to Technos’s Super Dodge Ball, each combatant has a health meter which depletes whenever they are hit by the dodgeball. Stronger throws cause more damage and once a character’s HP is depleted, they leave the arena.

Teams have three members apiece, with an additional group of three identical “minor” characters that sit outside of the opponent’s area and can try and hit them with any balls that leave their side of the court. During the single player mode the player can spend experience points they earn in matches to level up their characters’ abilities, including the group of minor characters.

vote or die

6 Likes

Y’all gotta listen to this I put one of the stupidest audio jokes yet into it.

1 Like

LET’S BOX

1 Like

Please vote for boxing. Boxers are so much more interesting than Gundams or Kamen Riders. Sorry if you disagree. Sorry if you’re a nerd.

2 Likes

As someone who claims baseball is their favourite sport despite rarely watching or playing it I am obligated to listen.

I used to just have AI play each other in MLB so I could ‘watch’ while in the UK. Probably one of the rare cases outside of Mario Party or Saltybet where I’ll tolerate watching AI fight AI.

1 Like

I listened to this and it was a good time even though I remembered at least 25% of what was said! I think this was good work, and expertly edited by @AutomaticTiger as well. Proud of this one!

2 Likes