Snexploration 28 votin' time!!

It’s votin’ time again, just in time for me to vote in real life! I’m not sure which of these is going to win, should be a pretty tight race, but I think all of them will make a great episode.

Vote at the link below, and descriptions are below the link below.

https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/1021133600740085760

Picross NP Vol. 4

Following the success of Mario no Super Picross on the Super Famicom, Nintendo decided to reuse the basic engine from that game to develop a series of Picross titles for distribution over their Nintendo Power cart-writing service in Japan - the “NP” in the title refers to Nintendo Power. There were a total of eight volumes in the series released on a bi-monthly basis from April 1999 to June 2000. Each volume includes a substantial number of puzzles of varying sizes and difficulty. A large number of these puzzles would later be rereleased as downloadable content for Picross DS. The puzzle solving gameplay of the titles is nearly identical to that of their direct predecessor Mario no Super Picross just with minor changes in the presentation. Notably, Mario and Wario are no longer featured as guides through the game modes. Also, the stone chiseling archeologist motif that was present in the previous titles has been dropped in favor of a simple pen-on-paper style.

Please note: If this gets picked, I’ll move the rest of the Picross NP series to Salaryman Corner (or just off the list) so we don’t get a bunch of these.

Tamagotchi Town

Tamagotchi Town is a Super Famicom exclusive strategy game based on the popular Tamagotchi digital creature-raising toy from the late 1990s. The game has the player raising multiple Tamagotchi creatures simultaneously on a 3x3 grid of biomes selected by the player before they begin. As the population of Tamagotchi grows, the player must manage their food and happiness through menu items. Tamagotchi Town also has a number of Tamagotchi-themed mini-games.

The game was made exclusively available through Nintendo’s Nintendo Power cart-writing service late in the system’s lifespan. It became the precursor to an online browser game of the same name, usually abbreviated to “TamaTown”. The concept of Tamagotchi Town itself was created during the toyline’s heyday.

Mario & Wario

Mario & Wario was released on the Super Famicom on August 27, 1993. It was developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. It is notable that this game used the SNES Mouse. Despite the game only being released in Japan, it is completely in English. Players use the SNES Mouse to guide Mario around a level, avoiding various obstacles along the way.

Wanda guides Mario while he has various objects over his head (placed there by Wario). If Wanda can guide Mario to the end of the level, Luigi will remove the item from his head. Wanda can also guide Princess Peach and Yoshi, but the only difference is their walking speed. By clicking on things with the SNES Mouse, certain things happen. Wanda can destroy enemies and obstacles, change Mario’s direction, and do other things to affect the environment. At the end of each world, Wanda must fight Wario in his plane.

1 Like

I think picross is going to win, it’s got a big sb following. But I’d love to see Mario and Wario

This result has, I think, surprised us both. We’ll see if it sticks.

1 Like

Our poll tweet seems to have attracted the attention of the Tamagotchi community. Maybe it’s time to build some bridges.

1 Like

Spinoff into Tamagachi Exploration Squad that actual plays Tamagachi Games and actual Tamagachi variants.

Digimon is technically a Tamagachi spinoff IIRC so that counts.

4 Likes