Snexploration 25 voting time!!!

It’s season 2 of Snexploration and you know what that means! Actually you don’t, but we’re still doing voting. Here are your three choices, vote quickly because I’m really late on this so it’s only open until Monday Morning.

VOTE HERE:
https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/1000395682241368064

Gaia Saver - Hero Saidai no Sakusen

Gaia Saver: Hero Saidai no Sakusen (“Gaia Saver: Hero’s Greatest Strategies”) is a 1994 Super Famicom turn-based RPG and part of the Compati Hero Series. It features characters from Gundam, Ultraman and Kamen Rider, all in a super deformed form. It’s distinct for being a Compati Hero game that wasn’t developed by Winky Soft, but rather eventual Guilty Gear developers Arc System Works.

The goal of the game is to save the Earth from invading aliens. The humans of the world work together with the SD characters in three separate battle parties. The first character is SD Gundam’s protagonist Knight Gundam and others become unlocked as the game continues.

NHL '96

NHL 96 is a hockey game and part of EA Sports’ annual series licensed by the National Hockey League. This iteration of EA’s NHL franchise had fighting return to the gameplay in addition to adding double minor penalties. It features all the rosters and teams from the 1995-96 season.

Hebereke’s Popoon

Hebereke’s Popoon plays similar to other Puyo Puyo type games (such as Kirby’s Avalanche or Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine) in that the player must form rows of at least three blobs of a similar color to eliminate them. These three must be in a line, either horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Clearing three blobs creates a “trash” item that is sent to the opposing player. These trash items, which appear as the player character’s face, must be eliminated by placing an identically-colored blob next to it: This gets rid of the trash but doesn’t send any back.

Should the player destroy two groups at once (or one after the other in a chain reaction), they send an entire row of heads to their opponent. Chains of three or four create special effects that could cause devastation for the opposing player, or greatly assist the player who creates them. These special effects are unique to each character.

1 Like

I forgot to say Vote Early Vote Often as is the Snexploration tradition

But maybe that’s just the season 2 way of things!!

Vote only once, no voter fraud here!™

1 Like

i feel extremely off-brand by voting for nhl 96 but i did it anyway

2 Likes

I had Wayne Gretzky’s 3D Hockey 98 for the N64, and never had a clue what i was doing except starting fights. I vote NHL 1996AD because I assume it’ll be like that.

I think the theme of this week’s episode will be Sorry Not Sorry

2 Likes

SD Gundam games suck in very boring ways, Puyo Puyo clones are moderately interesting but this didn’t thrill me.

Sports games? Nobody fucking talks about those. I want to hear folks diving into a sports game like any other game. It’s an almost totally unexplored frontier of games discussion.

3 Likes

shoutout to @stylo for making this game wow

3 Likes

It’s out motherfishers

This is a real real good one. I really enjoyed editing it, even though I did it late.

Here are a couple of clips to entice you into listening:

https://selectbutton.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/3X/2/b/2b0fec93e0bef0cd46fe8f10b5f0a9fc40d1cfd2.mp3

https://selectbutton.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/3X/6/2/62b7fb30189edf8d683d9c0b21b7bca5cd1d7138.mp3

3 Likes