Snexploration 22 voting time baybee

It’s that time of the year: time to vote for our next president! We’ve randomly selected three candidates and I’ve got their descriptions from the political site, Giant Bomb, along with some headshots displaying their physical prowess.

https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/976236118638182400

Pilotwings

Pilotwings is a flight simulation game developed and originally published by Nintendo for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Players join an amateur flight school and take on a variety of flight-based challenges in order to complete certifications for a series of graded pilot licenses, with the ultimate goal of earning the highest certification and their golden “pilot wings”. The game heavily showcases the Mode 7 graphical capabilities of the SNES, which are used to simulate three-dimensional spaces without relying on more processing-intensive rendering methods such as polygons.

R-Type III - The Third Lightning

R-Type III: The Third Lightning, often known simply as R-Type III, is the third official game in the R-Type series of shoot 'em ups. It was released on the Super Famicom on December 10, 1993 in Japan with the game later being released on the SNES in the United States on August 2, 1994 (and in Europe a couple months later). The game was developed by Irem and published by Jaleco in the United States, while Irem took up publishing in Japan and Europe.

Super Gussun Oyoyo 2

Super Gussun Oyoyo 2 is a block-stacking puzzle game and the sequel to Super Gussun Oyoyo, which itself was a remastered version of the original Gussun Oyoyo arcade game. Unlike its predecessor, Super Gussun Oyoyo 2 is exclusive to the Super Famicom console.

The goal of the game is to create a means to get a small bald character to each level’s exit. They can do this by stacking falling blocks Tetris-style to form stairs to the exit, but they can also let this character walk on top of a still-active block and move that block across the screen to the exit. The player can make use of a number of power-ups as they fall down the screen in lieu of the usual blocks. The character must escape before the stage floods. Two players can also compete to reach the exit first, dropping traps on their opponent to slow them down.

3 Likes

that particular gussun oyoyo is really great. don’t let me down sb.

1 Like

I voted pilotwings just so I can listen to that dank music

this is the toughest choice of all the episodes we’ve done

who are these people that vote for the most well known game? have they no curiosity?

3 Likes

I think partially it’s that we usually get weird stuff, so this is our only chance to play well known games

everyone got to play earthbound and went mad with normie power

1 Like

So Pilotwings officially won, and also this is now episode 22, not 21, and also it’s not gonna come out until April 21st!!!

3 Likes

Rev up your heptacopter, because this episode is OUT!

3 Likes

thank you onesb

1 Like

Listening to this now. It’s funny and informative and really good

3 Likes

I’ll definitely will have to make mode 7 “doable” with my editor. That and sprite scale and rotation…
I would hate to convince myself to do an animation engine for various rotating sprites and shit.

3 Likes

Finished listening to this and I really had a blast. Makes me wish I could be on one of these but hell if I could be arsed to play spindle ball or whatever it is you’re playing next. Spindizzy? I must salute you all, you do what mere mortals cannot hope to achieve. Will listen again next time

3 Likes

I’m making youtube videos for these now! Just in case you can’t visualize an airplane.

3 Likes

I scrolled to a random point in the video and heard myself say “You can do math for all dimensions of a horse!”

10/10 episode, 10/10 video

3 Likes