Snexploration 19 - vote for the next game!

It’s that time of the year (fortnight) where you get to vote on the next Snexploration game! It’s a bit of an odd crop so, uh, choose wisely???

VOTE HERE:

https://twitter.com/snexploration/status/966464179631632384

Super Jinsei Game 3

Super Jinsei Game 3 (“Super Life Game 3”) is the third of three games released on the Super Famicom to be based on the Jinsei Game board game from Takara, which is actually a translated version of Milton Bradley’s The Game of Life.

The player selects and names an avatar, and uses a spinner to move around a board encountering various random life events that can lead to positive or negative changes to their station. The player can choose to play with up to three other players in a pass-and-play manner, or three CPU opponents, or a combination of the two.

Gegege no Kitarou - Fukkatsu! Tenma Daiou

GeGeGe no Kitarou: Fukkatsu! Tenma Daiou (“GeGeGe no Kitarou: Revival! Great King Tenma”) is a side-scrolling action game based on the GeGeGe no Kitarou license. Kitarou, a youkai boy and the last surviving member of the Ghost Tribe, is tasked with defeating the cocoon form of the dormant Great King Tenma before he can revive and destroy the world of humans.

Each stage is set up as a series of boss fights against notable youkai from the franchise. The player must learn their tactics and defeat them while preserving as much of their health as possible, as they will often have to fight several bosses in a row without being able to heal. There’s also the occasional action sequence, such as a vaguely shoot 'em up part that leads to a tough fight against a colossal enemy.

The game was featured on the 13th season of the popular gaming Japanese TV show GameCenter CX
https://www.giantbomb.com/gegege-no-kitarou-fukkatsu-tenma-daiou/3030-40975/

Naruhodo! The World

Naruhodo! The World (“See! The World”) is an adaptation of a game show of the same title broadcast on Fuji TV between 1981-1996. The goal is to pair up into four teams and compete with each other by answering questions about locations all over the world. The teams are sorted by rank after an initial quiz round and the lowest ranking pair is offered questions first, which are then passed up the chain.

The TV show featured Kinya Aikawa and Eriko Kusuda as hosts, and both are featured on the cover of this game. It was released exclusively in Japan for the Super Famicom.

Vote early vote often or don’t vote at all if that’s how you feel! It’s not an imperative, as such, but we always appreciate y

1 Like

where in the world is carmen naruhodo

5 Likes

Gegege no Kitarou looks really rad. I think I’ll check this one out (and vote for it).

As I am using emulators I should try and pariticpate in this nonsense.

Edit:you goons have no interest in knowing the world.

2 Likes

Game of Life should only win if every agrees to netplay it

We’re very interested in knowing the world

of youkai

:genki:

Even if it loses we should gamer stream some Game of Life session and then talk about it in Salaryman corner in lieu of whatever shitty pachinko game we end up getting.

guess what

3 Likes

there is a goldeneye virtual boy prototype, but it’s a chase hq-style driving game, not a map editor for the n64 game

i don’t remember the last time @VastleCania actually played the salaryman corner game, you all gotta call him out for the deadbeat dad that he is

also i’ve played many amiga games and most of them are bad.

1 Like

it’s only been two episodes in a row that i missed

which i guess means a month in a row

Also, I thought there was some sort of Goldeneye thing but I didn’t want to talk out of my ass (for once), but I had no idea it was a driving game!!

VB should have had an FPS

I think I’ve played two salarymen games total?

I even play the salaryman games for episodes I’m not on, get with the program people

4 Likes

all hail lord gamer