Snexploration 18 voting thread!!!

It’s time to vote for the next game!! This is a pretty good set, and we’ve even got another unreleased game, which is fun. Please feel free to vote even if you don’t have a strong feeling one way or the other: I just love to see that number go up.

GunForce: Battle Fire Engulfed Terror Island

"GunForce was originally released in 1991 for arcades, subtitled “GunForce: Battle Fire Engulfed Terror Island.” Developed and published by Irem, GunForce was ported to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System sans subtitle. This version was released in November of 1992. GunForce is very similar to the Contra series, and essentially follows the same formula as other side scrolling action platformers of the time.

The player takes control of an unnamed super soldier, protecting Earth from an undetermined menace. This soldier provides ample commentary in between stages, stating exactly what he is doing and why (e.g. “I am going into this base to destroy the enemies!”)."

Mickey’s Playtown Adventure - A Day of Discovery!

"This game was completed, and I had the chance to chat with Eric Browning about the it:

"Mickey never saw the light of day. It was complete, I can’t remember what happened. I tried animating Mickey- but Disney does not mess around with that guy and I simply am not trained as an animator. We sent it to Little Gangsters in L.A, an animation house Disney worked with. They did amazing animation- I was humbled by that.

I got a ROM of Mickey, wow, I’ve come a long way. Pretty neat to see it, I remember every little pixel. The animation isn’t as good as I remember, partly due to my inexperience and in large part because I think the programmer was forced to remove frames."

Walt Disney’s The Jungle Book

"Walt Disney’s The Jungle Book is a side-scrolling platformer based on the Disney film of the same name. As Mowgli, the player must make their way from Mowgli’s home in the jungle to the human village. Along the way, he faces various dangers such as pitfalls, fruit-throwing monkeys, and spitting snakes. The ultimate objective is to defeat Shere Khan, a cunning tiger who hunts humans.

Virgin Interactive developed the game for multiple consoles, including the Game Boy, NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega Master System and Game Gear. It was part of a series of Disney licensed platformers they created in the mid-90s."

And as I always say, vote early, vote often.

3 Likes

I’m surprised more people aren’t voting for Mickey, honestly.

I voted for Mickey just because it was unreleased, it looks pretty bad otherwise though

1 Like

With a name like Fire Englufed Terror island it should be no contest. Unless of course Mickeys Playtown ends up a fire engulfed terror island. If only there were a mashup…

1 Like

Whoa check it out we released this episode!!

Whoaaaaaaaaa

3 Likes

whatever happened to predictability

the milkman, the paperboy, the evening TV

4 Likes