SNExploration 15: Maten Densetsu - Senritsu no Ooparts!!! Sign up thread

All right, some things that might be frustrating re: playing Out of Place Artifacts: the Cyberpunk RPG:

The world map looks cool, but it’s all just ruins with no indication of what you can enter and what’s just scenery. I was just hugging the sides as much as I could. When I did find a dungeon, it was a whole lot of nothing. Long corridors and empty rooms. No items, no NPCs (I’ve only seen a few NPCs, and they were on the world map, again, with no indication that they’re there) I only found one item so far, a lot of x5 Bio Drugs (restores ~20HP), and I don’t think that was even in a dungeon, it was just a spot that I happened to hug up against on the overworld that gave me an item. Fortunately, the encounter rate is actually really decent. A shop would be nice, considering I’ve only found 5 Bio Drugs with no clue as to how else I’m supposed to heal once those are depleted.

The dungeons also suffer from the same issue as SMT in that everything looks the same so you can get kind of mixed up, but the doors also blend in with the walls in this, so it’s really easy to just jog by a door if you’re not paying attention to the auto-map.

Maten Densetsu - Senritsu no O-parts (J)050
I found the color of the doors too similar to the walls to be distinguishable when dungeon crawling.

Maten Densetsu - Senritsu no O-parts (J)051Maten Densetsu - Senritsu no O-parts (J)054

I understand the point they were trying to get across – everything is abandoned, the people have gone Underground and only the monsters remain, so of course buildings are empty – but in execution it just feels unfinished. I think if, instead of making all of these pointless rooms “explorable”, they instead were event scenes that had an illustration with a dialogue box explaining some of the details of the room, it would’ve been a bit more engrossing.

Maten Densetsu - Senritsu no O-parts (J)053

Get used to this!

I made this code to make your current HP 255 in case anybody gets stuck without any healing items and can’t proceed: 7E15FCFF
It works for Reiji, but I’m not sure about anyone else.

2 Likes