2 Likes
5 Likes

Love of Terryisms is universal

4 Likes

bummed out she didn’t say “ovah shit”

1 Like

Oh my

3 Likes

I hate to say it, but the animation of those rats is v. disappointing.

1 Like

I’m glad KOF has finally achieved Street Fighter IV levels of graphical fidelity

4 Likes

:cryingpig: :cryingpig: :cryingpig:

These team endings are way, way better than the dreck in KOF14. They actually say something about the characters! A truly astounding idea. (At the least the three endings I got so far.)

4 Likes

I am playing this game.

It does seem like more a refinement of 14 rather than anything else but liked 14 as a baseline so ok.

I’m a casual KOF fan from the NESTs era as this is when Ignition started publishing them for PAL ps2. Have subsequently played of some the Orichi saga.

The main appeal of KOF for me was always the story intricacies and implications based upon reading ic threads so curious to hear KOF heads thoughts on this. Even as a casual I can see that endings offer more than 14 based on unlocking a few.

Online seems pretty stable but as a European (Brexit ;_:wink: I have also thought this about other fighting games such as VF5 that other SBers have raised concerns about.

I am also terrible so if you play this on ps4 you will beat winker

3 Likes

Who is your fav KOF character, Winker

1 Like

I have a deep appreciation of Shingo due to this community’s love for him.

Maybe King. I like her style.

Oswald and Shen Woo stick in the mind from what i still think of as recent KOF games.

Honorable mentions to Rock Howard as he really doesn’t belong in a good way, Yuki and the manatee in the background of the aquarium stage in 2000.

I avtually went on ic the other day to read some 15 discussion but couldn’t seem to see any.

What about you Persona?

1 Like

Since she was included in the last KOF, I can say that Nakoruru is my favorite KOF character
:shine: (pretend this is her)

My staple favs are Iori, K’, Athena, and Shingo. I wish Shingo would come back, I like him so much more than Kyo.

In a perfect world, Shingo and Nakoruru would come back as DLC and then my team roster would be perfect(ly unbalanced).

Man, I just learned about KOF team composition last week and it’s changed my whole perspective. Like I had no idea about picking batteries and anchors and stuff in KOF, though I knew about it in Marvel and kinda intuited it in CVS2. Before this, I used to just pick my favs and struggle, but now armed with this new knowledge, I pick my favs and struggle while knowing I could’ve picked a better balanced team.

3 Likes

I have seen Shingo in 15 so maybe he will be DLC.

Are you sure he wasn’t a ghost

Alive and kicking.

The concern would be that SNK think it’s enough to satisfy rabid Shingo fans.

Just saw the first 2 DLC teams and it’s ok but not enough to satisfy my surrogate KOF fandom.

I’ve put in a decent amount of time into it, but have only done like 3 stories so far. I really like the game! Definitely just a better 14 in scope, but in a really good way.

I want to go back to working through the story modes because I liked the endings I saw. 15 still lacks a good core story. It at least has a premise, which is more than 14, but it lacks any meaningful central plot or antagonist. It’s literally just regular tournament stuff until suddenly a random monster at the end with only the vaguest of allusions to it having meaning or connections to anything outside of being a boss battle for a video game.

But the team endings have been really cute and have done a better job at providing some movement to character beats than I recall 14 doing. Dolores being Kukri’s mom really grounds both characters, and them returning to their home town introduces a new setting for the game to potentially develop. The Team Parents edit team ending with Dolores, Vanessa, and Terry is also quite cute. Concept art also shows that Xanadu is likely from the same place because SNK was referencing Xanadu’s motifs for designing Dolores and Isla, so that’s neat.

Shun’ei’s background is a bit more vapid than I would have liked and I wish Isla’s ending wasn’t so tied into Shun’ei’s, but at least we’ve got a new implied team there with them and Meitenkun.

And Kyo’s girlfriend is alive! And Shingo is a live too and not a ghost!

I’m really excited to see the other endings. They all feel like closure rather than just setups to new stories, which is both good and bad. I was reading an interview the other week and I think it was the game’s director discussing developing the game while working from home and he mentioned that everyone on the team learned a lot about writing. That must mean they don’t really have any writers on staff, but the writing that’s there is at least a marked improvement on 14. Here’s hoping 16 sets a better foundation for a new saga to build off of.

I think even with knowing this, it isn’t that important unless you’re playing higher levels of the game where you can actually make better decisions on meter usage. I think for most people, just playing whoever you’re most comfortable with is fine. I think the auto-combos have actually been great at letting me practice fundamentals during matches because I don’t have to worry about doing a combo after I land a hit. I can just focus on learning movement and getting past the opponent’s defense, and then just mash the auto combo out.

I’ve been having a lot of trouble getting hops reliably on my hitbox controller so it’s nice being able to focus all my attention on the jumps and not think as hard about converting hits into combos I’m not 100% familiar with yet.

Edit: Shingo/Saisyu/Kyo’s Girlfriend team for season 2 dlc please.

2 Likes

I completely forgot, but while I didn’t like how Isla takes a shine to Shun-ei in cliched fashion, I was happily surprised by her being invited into Ikari Warriors and she would have been a really interesting addition to that team. Shun’ei/Meitenkun/Isla as a future team is an alright idea but the game needs to introduce a motivation for them because there isn’t anything right now other than travel the world and get stronger so Shun’ei can gain confidence to meet his parents, because saving the world isn’t good enough for him apparently. Maybe they can tie Meitenkun into the Dragon Spirit plotline just so we can please get some movement on that front.

this game is good and you can do sick combos with it

1 Like

Why have two of y’all implied Shingo is a ghost?

A few posts up above Persona asked if winker was sure Shingo want just a ghost, because he’s been MIA for a long time.

1 Like