Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81- The King of Fighters XV

I KNOW RIGHT

I think it’s because it was the first time most of the characters had been stylized.

1 Like

6 Likes

So, uh.

the real puzzle: is that other cab that spits out along with the sc19 when she does the buster wolf an sc25 without the hood? or are they both sc25s who can say how can one say.

1 Like

Does every SNK game have a different publisher now? Sega, Atlus, NIS…

2 Likes

This sucks no buy

1 Like

Child soldier Leona is…bashful and embarassed.

Pop Idol Sylvie is…bashful and embarassed.

Pop Idol and god-incarnate Athena is…bashful and embarassed.

Sexpot assassin Shermie is…bashful and embarassed.

And they have been trapped by edgelord sandboy to…be bashful and embarassed.

1 Like

otakus’ fetishes are just really boring

5 Likes

Shermie isn’t an assassin, she’s a keyboardist in their band (CYS)

1 Like

The only thing worth talking about SNK Heroines is Terry’s ending.

It’s a dumb game. You play through an even skeezier than expected arcade mode, hit the post-boss cutscene where it turns into The Evil Within, and then you get the credits with JPOP music as you watch the individual endings for your two characters. I saw a goofy ending where Shermie and Team Orochi are having a battle of the bands against Kyo and his ever growing cadre of bandmates until she wakes up and realizes it was a dream. And then it started Terry’s ending and it’s… this. Very jarring.

Has any previous game mentioned this kind of fear Terry has regarding his relationship with Rock? Garou: Mark of the Wolves ends with Rock joining the villain as a means to an end, but I don’t recall seeing Fatal Fury or KOF ever addressing Terry having a fear about a cyclical relationship between Geese, himself, and Rock.

1 Like

A lot of the endings are pretty goofy and wholesome like Nakoruro travelling through time, picking up her pachislot buddies on the way and then going sightseeing in modern Japan

There are some small bits of fanservice (the non-tiddy kind) in other places like how you can put the characters in poses referencing their classic artwork like Terry here (apologies for youtuber talkings, the timestamp is 38 minutes in):

2 Likes

That Nakoruru ending is completely in line with their KOF14 ending (even shown in that video) where her Another World Team have to opportunity to return to their homes but Nakoruru and Mui Mui instead decide to travel the modern world to try all the food, taking a reluctant Love Heart with them.

Nakoruru is canonically an awful protector for her village.

3 Likes

But you see all the blood on her face in the SS trailer?

(Never been huge on SS, but it’s a wise next move and looks solid so far. Its polish explains SNK Heroines, I think, as a cheap way to raise revenue for more serious projects.)

I’m never going to stop complaining about this but female Terry really should have been based off the Mark of the Wolves costume :<

5 Likes

ff1 marty mcfly terry would have also been acceptable

1 Like

It should’ve been Alice doing a mock Terry with that as an alt costume.

Or it should’ve been Terry in drag.

I would super love so many SNK characters in drag in a fighting game holy shit.

2 Likes

I think I’ve said this before, but here’s the deal SNK; fighting game costumes are already hot. Everyone should just wear their regular costumes, and then the unlockible costumes should just be the other characters’ costumes, because people wearing each other’s clothing is hot. And yeah, Terry should be boy following the above rules.

And Blue Marry should be in it

And also it should be a real fighting game

2 Likes

Like, not to be too horny on select button dot net but a game were you could dress long running established fighting game characters in each other’s clothes would be…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Especially the intro reactions when they meet the actual owners of the outfits.

And yeah, I said it before; if it had Terry, he shoulda just been treated like everyone else. Thongs and all.

1 Like

Right!? It practically writes itself!

I’m getting more mad the more I think about this tbh

1 Like