Show me your favorite fight sticks!

I love looking at fight sticks!! Show me your favorites!

I absolutely don’t need it but I always want the Hori PS1 transparent one:

I think the Daija Nacon is really pretty but I’d never use a huge and heavy stick like this, but I love to look at it:

I really like the shape, texture and the small option buttons on the side. The aesthetic really appeals to me, but again I’d never want to use it lol

And here’s my custom stick I made last year after I got converted into the (very niche) world of WASD hitboxes:

Show me your sticks or sticks you like! I love to see 'em!!!

14 Likes

Konami Hyperstick (Full Seimitsu treatment in a PS1-era stick. A first?)

Sega Virtua Stick High Grade (Sanwa goodness, awful stock PCB though)

Hori Real Arcade Pro SE (Another Seimitsu gem - limited to 400 only!)

7 Likes

3 Likes

pcb recently died after 15 years so that’s my next project i guess

8 Likes

Mine

The one I did for Birch

That’s it, those are the best sticks, yes a hitbox counts, maybe someday someone else will ask me to do a stick for them and the hall of fame will grow further

12 Likes

I did this thing once, a customized Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition Fightstick. The lever attempted to approximate the feel of an arcade Ms. Pac-Man lever, pretty much failed. ^ _^

9 Likes

Unfortunately for me it’s WASD or nothing.

8 Likes

Ooh, what kind of switches do you have in your Furin FRS? How heavy is it? I would love to get one but the price spooks me

9 pin joysticks were awesome. As a kid it made complete sense to me that you could just buy a controller and it would work on everything you owned. Mostly used it on my Amiga.

11 Likes

thread reminding me of my old landlord who jacked my fight stick yeas ago. Bad times. All around bad times.

3 Likes

how’d they fuck your fightstick?

1 Like

I can’t recall and the receipt doesn’t list but it’s either the Cherry MX Red or Silver since I need to have a bit of a light touch input usually. It’s under a kilo (maybe 800g) but pretty big, like a large-ish laptop. Has a nice non-stick base and I usually play on my lap. The price is pretty crazy and I got mine with a brook board for PS5 included. I think I can only really justify it since I need very particular controllers and FRS was recommended by many for custom layout and reliability. I’d rather get one good one than experiment with the snackboxes and find I can’t really use them. I try to avoid using my thumb for jumping for example so need WASD.

2 Likes

I meant he straight up stole it when I was moving out. It was in a repair shop when I was moving out, and he called them up to tell them to have them send the stick to the billing address instead of calling for me to pick it up when it was ready. So after a couple days I called to ask when the replacement buttons were expected and was told that the stick had already been fixed and they got a call to deliver it when it was done instead of calling me, and it was already gone.

4 Likes

oh whoops I just woke up and so I guess my brain is inserting the word up into sentences it doesn’t reside in. thanks for context

1 Like

I had the 6-button variant of this back in the day, but it has way worse parts. 3-button was mircroswitched like a real arcade panel, right?

1 Like

It’s been like 25 years but I don’t remember the buttons being clicky, so probably not!!

2 Likes

My current stick that I use for everything with the help of Brook Super Converters is just

a PS3/4 Hori Real Arcade Pro. V 2017 edition (JP only, fixed the lag problem w/ original RAPV boards) with the stock “Hayabusa” lever and buttons replaced with Sanwas.

Before this I used a variety of things. Chronologically from the earliest mists of time:

Well okay I mean back in the day I used

Wico Bat Handle for C64 (and Amiga?)
Damn solid, lookit that thick steel lever in there. (image source)

Dreamcast - TopMax Enforcer
Rackety plastic, awful but the best thing I knew. (image source) Weirdly angled buttons worked surprisingly well for Bangai-O.

Dreamcast - Capcom vs. SNK ASCII Stick FT, SNK version
Coming back to this after 12 years in 2017, the optical lever was incredibly stiff; guess you gotta keep those babies lubricated or something. And in retrospect, the buttons weren’t very good. At the time though it was a huge step up from anything I’d had at home before, but I’d never quite thought the lever was super great–a bit nebulous, not enough physical feedback for my liking I guess.

ps2_ascii
PS2 - Capcom vs. SNK 2 ASCII Stick FT2, SNK version
Buttons still a bit mushy but base a bit better, kind of a step up.

gc_hori
GC - Hori Soul Calibur II Arcade Stick
Not great, lever was all right maybe.

PS3 - Hori Real Arcade Pro. 3
The base wasn’t ideal but still it was actually something you could put Sanwa stuff in easily so I finally had some actual arcade parts to flail on.

411horistick
411horistick1
PCE - Hori Fighting Stick PC
Went through a bunch of stuff when I came to the PCE way late, most of it pretty bad. This thing was a steel-sheeted tank. You could probably cut yourself on some of those edges. Lever pretty good, buttons not great but better than they looked maybe. Slope of the cold hard base not really ideal.

10 Likes

that top max enforcer looks like it could be a disc from wavejammers I love it

2 Likes

Probably got it because green was my favorite color. ^ _^

The round base was a problem in practice though because there was pretty much no way to hold the darn thing straight. ; D

2 Likes

Dang, I love that you still have all your old sticks! They look in great condition!

Any thoughts on reviving any with a new Brook board or anything?