Shoegaze Music 🌜🌜🌜

3 Likes

I like the follow-up album even more:

Their most recent album takes their ‘blackgaze’ approach even further into just plain-ol’ shoegaze territory:

Another canonical shoegaze og that hasn’t been posted yet:

4 Likes

More old-school shoegaze double post double post

4 Likes
3 Likes

ooh i’ve only heard Eureka and their disappointing last album, thanks for the heads up on this one

love to yell シリアス、ヘーガ、アルタイル、ティコの星 a bunch

2 Likes

listen to WHIRLPOOL too!

1 Like

i plan to!

2 Likes

yeah theyve got some real good albums imo! (honestly i liked the 2018 one too)

2 Likes

miffy told me there was a shoegaze thread so i’m going to post some of my favorites that aren’t already in here!!!

the delgados

star

star is my favorite scott cortez side project. “devastator” is probably my favorite album of all time.

future silence

shannon roberts from star is in another band that is good

my dead girlfriend

japan has an incredibly sick ass shoegaze scene

cruyff in the bedroom

another kick ass japanese group

velocity girl

cool band from the 90s that i don’t really see brought up much these days

the pains of being pure at heart

heard these guys back in 2010 and thought they sounded good. they made a music video where they mobbed by furries.

that’s it for now. might post more as i dig through my collection.

9 Likes

sorry for double posting (SORRY THAT I DIDN’T DO IT EARLIER!), but i forgot to mention that i was at one of my bloody valentine’s reunion shows back in 2007. it kicked ass and they did this bit where they played their instruments in such a way that it maximized the amount of vibration that came out of the speakers and shook the building. they did this for half an hour. fun show, except for when a security guard bumped into me, making me spill beer all over myself. dude, there was a whole open floor, you could have gone around me, dick.

the only evidence i have of me being there is this picture i took of kevin shields using my flip phone:

kevinshields

9 Likes

i love these bands so much big +1 to ramona’s recommendations

here’s some newer stuff i’ve been listening to, i learned today that a friend of mine is friends with the first two bands which i thought was cool and funny, i should get them to post here or something

they are gutting a body of water

full body 2

hotline tnt

doused

13 Likes

thank you for this thread
thank you for posting more recent shoegaze acts
listening to doused rn and lovin it

3 Likes

I’m also enjoying Doused, especially this remix of one of their songs:

4 Likes

Just a friendly note that Helen is touring!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CivXEhMvalH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

3 Likes

came here to post these only to discover u already had!!! they only have like 7 songs

3 Likes

new argentine band

7 Likes

just jumping into here to say that shoegaze is the best. one of my big life regrets is somehow missing the Lush NYC reunion show. Split might be my favorite shoegaze record?

6 Likes

i really enjoyed this… it is unfortunate the artist seems to not have the music available for purchase anywhere

3 Likes

Glad u liked it! Yea… I think they are making money with the live shows rn. But they have this bandcamp with their early demos you can support

3 Likes

glad tidings…

1 Like