Share and talk about your visual art

17 Likes

Finally updated my webcomic after getting 40 viewers in a day and steadily declining to 10 or 5 a day, we’ll see if it detects an update or not

5 Likes

Last session of the class

22 Likes

cool

1 Like

made a 5mins in paint.net chart to explain macro photography to a friend but actually it’s pretty cute

10 Likes

on a big “pilfering from traffic camera live feeds” kick

32 Likes

phenomenal choice of stills

1 Like

yeah these are fantastic, really moody and nostalgic in a way that’s hard to capture with modern equipment

3 Likes

thanks y’all! more to come from this train of thought…

3 Likes

Do you not know what you’re doing

11 Likes

Trying to make 8dir sprite based overhead paperdolls with lots of colors.

14 Likes

Finally updated me webcomic

Maybe overcame the rebooting issue. it’s either the surface pro 2’s detachable keyboard is causing it to crash, or the bios reset I did fixed it. Either way, hope I can still use this thing at least for a little while. Microsoft nominally makes good hardware, and aside from not being user servicable, the Surface Pro 2 has been a really good tablet computer that runs windows programs.

3 Likes

Hmm I’ve been wondering if it’s time to move on from my webcomic. I used to say that I’d be happy if like 10 people read it on a regular basis, but I hardly get 4-5 hits per update. Updates are pretty sporadic due to my time commitments, energy levels after work, and other things happening around me. I’ve been doing it for a pretty long time but each time I sit down to do a page I don’t feel the same enthusiasm, and I feel like my art skills have plateaued for a long time. I won’t say nobody’s reading the comic but its not enough right now to make me excited about making more art for it. There’s also just kind of not enough of a central plot to keep it going. Anyway, quitting it wouldn’t free up much more time since i don’t spend a lot of time on it, I think I just don’t feel creative as I used to and I don’t have the same kind of energy to pour into something like this

3 Likes

i mean in fairness, even when we forget about the weight or stop noticing it, having something Ongoing or Impending to any degree does weigh on your mind even when you aren’t directly working on it, yknow? so there’s a kind of invisible toll that might feel lifted, even if the direct work hours don’t total that much

(this isn’t to push your decision in either direction, just a thing that came to mind)

4 Likes

An image I made

And two images of my dragonself drawn by other people, not sure if this is the thread for them.

4 Likes

Videoart i projected for a show in pittsburghh

Hard
Phantom Photon shared a post on Instagram: "@errormortal playing at @collisionpgh #glitchart #glitch". Follow their account to see 311 posts.

Soft
Phantom Photon shared a post on Instagram: "@severedandsaid show in pitt #videoart at @collisionpgh". Follow their account to see 311 posts.

Dunno if instagram video links work

12 Likes

Did another page today. Really enjoyed doing the back and fourth here.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Testing out some tiles for my new puzzle game. Features seamless looping areas (with arbitrary 90 degree rotations if wanted) and seamless portals between areas. Not sure if I’m 100% happy with it yet, but it’s getting closer. Going for something like “Shareware DOS game” vibes.

17 Likes

Love the transition effect between indoors/outdoors.

2 Likes