SELECTBUTTON POLL XX

excuse me

2 Likes

Tulpa is, once again, correct

2 Likes

Also voting Earthbound in this late stage and I don’t even like it that much.

But I mean…Dark Souls has that cool ghost town, and skeletons, and DooM Level, and Ceaseless Discharge, and Painted World, and getting invaded, and Seath The Scaleless. I did so much PVP of that game before it became griefer/hacker hell. I don’t even like the Atorias Fight. Dang thinking about all the cool stuff in Dark Souls. What could beat the first time you see the Hydra.

God Damn…Dark Souls is cool.

1 Like

Ban this sick filth

I’m voting Double Souls and nobody can stop me

4 Likes

Going from This Is Bullshit to Die you’re dead, stop here, kill this thing. Just an incredible feeling. I think Dark Souls was the last time I threw a controller. I thought of that as a pride at this hard video game. Now I see it was deeply deeply shameful that I would generate that much rage at a piece of art that doesn’t even morally offend me. Get the fuck over yourself you fucking nerd. If you put that much energy into self-betterment you’d be an incredible person.

So throwing that controller was important.

In trying to cut down on things I own I looked at my copy of Mother 3 and 2. Why do I own these? I don’t even like these games. They sure do look nice on the shelf though.

I also put all the Souls games in a box after this recent move. Mostly because I have a tiny child. But maybe also, maybe, it is time to put away childish things. And focus on dating sims for the Sega Saturn. Time to bid on a copy of Hyper Duel I’m sure the pandemic pushed it to over 1000 bucks now.

7 Likes

you are the weirdest person i know, maybe. you obviously like dark souls better, and you’ve continuously told people to not vote for anything related to nintendo sooo

what’s going on here??

love ya rudie but you confuse the heck outta me

mother 2 is not a game you play a little bit of as an adult and “get”, and it is not really, to me, about tone or flavor or quirkiness. it isn’t even about earnestness, or funhouse mirror dragon quest tropes.

its value is almost totally in its cumulative affect. people who love earthbound are not in love with fart jokes or whatever, they are impacted by human love. a (frequently successful) process of imparting human love to an unknown stranger - this is the power of mother 2.

11 Likes

this is not really to diminish the experience of anyone who doesn’t “get” it!!!

i don’t know that it would even work properly anymore, especially not with the weight of expectation, with the difficulty of buy-in for adults and time-limited people.

mother 2 is powerful because all of its components speak to the same ideas, all of its potency is coiled in its structure and coffee and tea breaks and prayer. the game as vessel for a shared gaze! a moment of grace…

6 Likes

Flippant Proclamation followed by deep introspection on actual beliefs.

Is one of the reasons I come off so weird is that I write out my thoughts as they happen? Which if you look at the post as a whole you go “there must be as a piece.” When really only trust the last word I wrote.

4 Likes

oh actually yeah, that explains a lot. you’re my posting doppelganger, in the twin peaks sense, since i will rewrite or delete a post if i think it contradicts itself.

i hope that wasn’t insulting!! i have a new perspective now

1 Like

I must vote F-zero because its the last racing game and its developed by sega.
I must vote for (yall,yall) earth bound (yall) because its earth bound.
But I don’t want to vote against Dark Souls.

Hrrrrng

1 Like

yeah it’s four good games huh

eb/demon’s though, no q

1 Like

turns out i still have a mr saturn tattoo, love earthbound

5 Likes

i forgot what thread i was in for the first half of this sentence and got very concerned for the condition of your skin

This is, again, possibly the Hinge Problems summary of every conversation we have.

1 Like

huh, so…

Dark Souls and GX for me.

1 Like

voting is now open and will last for one week

4 Likes

GX vs Demons is such an impossible choice.

3 Likes

This is brutal

1 Like

I think these polls have proven to me that I am not the souls fan that everyone else is. I guess it’s kind of like being on the outside of enjoying Radiohead. I mean, I like From, but not this much