selectbutton poll hey 19: i want a game when i lose

In 2013 I planned going to the movies with a work friend, and another work friend heard about it and went all « Hell yeah, grab some popcorn and have a blast!! »

The movie was « Walesa: Man of Hope », a Polish biopic about an insurrectionist in the 70s

Somehow every videogame conversation is like this

16 Likes

13 Likes

sorry for the delay, voting is now open for the week!

5 Likes

wait is dark souls grimdark

1 Like

I mean, yeah? It doesn’t mean it’s bad.

2 Likes

Not in the 40K Todd MacFarlane sense or the GRRM sense. Too quiet and mythological, no edge.

it is grim… and dark :evil:

4 Likes

strong disagree. not beating games (especially your favorite) is healthy and extremely not-weird

11 Likes

i guess i’m revealing my ultimate contrarian nature but i would love to have another poll where we can only nominate games we legitimately like which were never included in this contest. start scraping up some weird, hotter, (older) shit

2 Likes

I know I’m getting off topic, but re: having favorite games that you’ve never beaten, hello those are a solid chunk of my favorite games. I think Pathologic 2 might be my favorite game. It grows in stature because of the fact that I have not, possibly cannot, beat it. I haven’t beaten Dragon Quest VII but I still love it.

Hmm…I mean, Rudie might be making a point by how that specific game doesn’t maintain its strong impression, but I figured I’d add my two cents.

To bring it back to the topic at hand, I have never beaten a FromSoftware game but I cherish each one deeply. I love to be confounded and held back from success.

1 Like

I believe in you F-Zero fans

4 Likes

Speaking of which, I think I’ve reached my limit in Sekiro. I made it a lot farther than I had expected to, and I’m very glad I played the game, but I don’t think I will ever beat that guy on top of the castle.

2 Likes

Last week I said Sega Bass Fishing was one of my favorite games and that was a lie, I had no clue how that game worked, I just remember some sights and sounds and how good it feels to hold a nice strong vibrating rod, I bet every one believed me too. Why did I lie like that?? I don’t know, it was something to say at the time I guess!!

Sometimes people put on airs, even me, I will judge you if you do a bad job of it though. Sorry.

9 Likes

Iirc the monster world 4 thing rudie has posted about before was a 2010’s indie game guy talking about his favorite game in an interview? And admitting he never played it in the same sentence? I hope that’s true, now I want to know who it was.

1 Like

My favorite game is the Donkey Kong 64 that existed only in my mind prior to its release. It was a great game, and the only problem was that the game came out.

6 Likes

Ugly crying at the DK rap attract mode

2 Likes

(CW: blood)

13 Likes

It was the developer of Iconoclasts who then revealed they had only played like an hour of it.

Not where I pulled the idea but wow what a long article about a weird video game on Variety!

I also really didn’t like Iconoclasts

3 Likes

I liked the hour I played of Iconoclasts

3 Likes

Never played a Souls but I like Fromsoftware in general because of how iconic their worlds and monsters seem. Like I remember the basic skeleton monsters in Lost Kingdoms feeling like such a good representation of that type of stock fantasy monster that it transcends being generic and becomes iconic.

Anyways I vote for F-Zero GX for doing the most to expand the F-Zero universe

5 Likes