selectbutton 85 pt. 23: semifinals

6 Likes

Just curious how you ran a lap in that game, though. Seems to me like the Outrun map could much more accurately be called a labyrinth than a lap, but ya know.

If I had a capture card/cared enough I might record myself playing and hope to validate my vote, not that I’m great at the game. It’s a good game.

Most labyrinthine thing about Outrun 2 is its circuit board though.

I’d play DOOM in there.

4 Likes

honest, i was just making a joke about how outrun doesn’t have laps in it, ha, but also a start and end point with various complicated paths to get there, kinda like a labyrinth.

1 Like

Well if we wanna get all semantical, I think a lap can be just one circuit. Let’s call 'em lapyrinths.

3 Likes

I mean, laps are usually defined using circuits, so still not really happening there.

Outrun and DooM have the same number of laps, basically.

I realised typing that, you’re not looping around so yeah. I just wanted to say lapyrinths.

1 Like

i mean, we can then just call this round the battle of the lapyrinths then.

1 Like

Gotta say though, I think DOOM Guy would have an easier time in Daedalus’ labyrinth than a Ferrari.

…but the Ferrari would drift those turns so much better.

You just have to hope it doesn’t turn into the luggage cart scene from Austin Powers which would seem even crueler in a Ferrari.

1 Like

I am not good enough at doing anything modding with doom or I would try to make that happen in game.

I do wanna say though. You’re right, lap was the wrong word! But I’d never describe Outrun 2 as labyrinthine because that’s referring to spaces designed to get you (or allow you to get) lost/disorient you/challenge your sense of direction and spatial memory which is not what the racing game is about really, even with branching paths. Toss in guns and demons and death matches and that’s what I gotta go with!

4 Likes