sega classics poll results

so this was last week i think, you could vote by posting a game’s title along with a japanese hashtag. the poll was to gauge which games people wanted to see as future entries in the sega ages series

translated image from here

2 Likes

I’d rather they gut out the games that have already been re-released in some way or another for modern platforms and focus on the games that haven’t. Fuck re-releasing Jet Set Radio again (no disrespect to JSR intended), Shenmue 1/2 is already getting a re-release, is OG Virtua Fighter really a game people want to play again in 2018, like, for real (i mean, the poll says so, but…)? Move PDS and SoA to the 1 and 2 positions, and then rank them back out based on their availability on modern platforms now.

votes were sorted by series except where specific titles are mentioned

remember that this is specifically for the current Sega Ages, which is Switch only as far as we know. the Switch isn’t getting Shenmue 1+2 HD (it’s not even out in Japan as is) and no Nintendo platform got the JSR HD rerelease

also please shove a modern PSO Ep. 1+2/BB release into my veins

1 Like

sorry my bad

14 Likes

I’m going to assume burning rival was 31

most of the tweets/votes for jet set radio were for jet set radio future specifically and its really weird that that isn’t reflected in the poll. hideki naganuma told everyone 2 say jsrf

jet set radio 1 plays like ryo hazuki’s pro skater

3 Likes

This is a huge step in the right direction and I hope they keep doing nothing but 3d games. Reminder that there’s never been a good port of virtua racing and it still has some issues in mame.

1 Like

ps2 remake is cool looking enough to forgive its inaccuracies but someone should mod the drift sound fx somehow

but it would also be sweet to see them take the same ideas further

give me some shallow depth of field sliders and down ported flat poly versions of all the daytona 1+2 & scud race tracks now we’re talking

2 Likes

#31 was def Dark Edge

no zwei

okay, so

who the hell owns Battle Mania/Trouble Shooter

the obvious answer is “Vic Tokai does, stupid”

but the gals show up in the endgame cutscene in Segagaga

and that was like, 17 years ago

look, I just want to own Daijinjou without having to auction off an organ

1 Like

Okay

I sure hope Virtua Racing is compatible with the Labo steering wheel

2 Likes

Will Super Hang-On??

I ain’t payin’ no shady seller halfway across the world for a repo when I can support shady domestic sellers

or, you know, giving Sega my useless money for them to have M2 do it for me

1 Like