secret hideouts

post buildings itt that could be used as or contain secret hideouts

32 Likes

bonus points for the billboard that’s supposed to say “Ad Here” that I can’t help but read as “Adhere”

15 Likes

15 Likes

i love this overgrown …library? definitely a mystery-solving character’s base

and that big brick building reminds me of the clock tower from power rangers time force

3 Likes

As it turns out these are both buildings from two separate abandoned psychiatric centers, but I think a resourceful detective type could definitely hide out in the overgrown one. The interior of that building was still pretty intact all things considered.

3 Likes

20 Likes

hiding in plain sight type of secret, that is :tarothink:

13 Likes

that’s the building you go to get your missions

7 Likes

I hate to say it but a historical figure is there to give you your missions in an Assassin’s Creed game

5 Likes

i was thinking of some kind of gaimanesque humanised cosmic figure

6 Likes

Eerily playing BGM from Chris de Burgh (spelling?) ‘Lady In Red’ on endless loop, 'aight

2 Likes

secret5

23 Likes

the gates of hell in clifton, new jersey

They are even cooler irl

15 Likes

abandoned pumping station in millburn, nj

17 Likes

Waterworks ruins are neat. There’s some in Richmond that my brother would take me to. https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/belle-isle-state-park

Also, I’m reminded of my personal secret hideout as a kid (not pictured), some abandoned smallplant in the middle of a smallwoods in the middle of my smallsuburb. My friends and I nailed in shag carpet and placed mattresses in the rafters. We dragged up a Christmas tree and burned a small hole into the floor heating up hot cocoa. We sled down the stairs and my friend smashed his head against the wall. His brow swelled up into the size of a golfball. It was a good place.

16 Likes

15 Likes

A few I’ve been to:

15 Likes

11 Likes

the pumping station at the frankfort avenue water reservoir in louisville always felt ominous to me, even more so on a cloudy day

23 Likes

bet there’s some good loot in there though

5 Likes