SCORN

I felt inspired to make this. Probably not really worth sharing, but

9 Likes

The Scorn art book might be worth a look. Comes out next month. Apparently it gets into some of the more ambitious things that were planned for the game but cut.

https://www.thegamer.com/scorn-cut-content-artbook/

Also,

1 Like

Yes but it’s also a pretty egregious instance of “we really wanted to create a game with a sense of mystery that would lead players to form their own interpretation of what’s happening and now in this book we’re gonna name and explain most of everything in detail because we don’t actually understand what a sense of mystery is”.

3 Likes

Slowly making my way through this. I realized that I’ve been playing this very much the first way I played Dark Souls. Which is like- there are good stretches of time where I’ll get going into a nice groove, then hit a wall and bam- I’m done for a couple days. Doesn’t help that even though I think the point is that I’m the monster (typical human)- I just feel so bad when I fuck up those things sometimes. Like the big, blind guy with no mouth. The way it just peers at me when I slice it’s legs off to progress or the way its jowls flap in the wind, just like my dang dog’s. Also, I have to die 3-4 times in a hard part before I get the golden combination of shamblin’/shootin’. I think I tend to oscillate too much in one direction (all guns blazing or like Lot leaving Gomorrah) before I get it. Sheesh, have I gotten real good at shambling.

But it’s good! I keep wanting to go back and figure it all out. There is a nice rhythm to the way they distribute ammo/health pods and you just running out of supplies. I also really like the design of the guns. When you reload the big honkin’ shotgun, you do this little flourish and spin it. Big style points for that.

1 Like