SATURDAY JULY 29 @ 9PM EST! The Beautiful Game Ignites Select Button's Fighting Spirit With SUPER MARIO KART!

JOIN US IN THE FUTURE AT https://twitch.tv/bachelorsoft

JOIN THE DISCORD HERE WHETHER YOU’RE FIGHTING OR NOT

WHAT IS THE BEAUTIFUL GAME?

It is a competitive gaming tournament featuring many of your favorite SButts.

It is broadcast live, on the internet, at https://twitch.tv/bachelorsoft.

It is hosted and organized by me, @HOBO, AKA Bachelor Soft, AKA Sexgod Sucksdick, AKA Stan Hansen, AKA Bachi Delight, AKA Select Button’s Reigning Neo Turf Masters Champion. I often compete as well.

Sometimes I have a co-host. I love having co-hosts. I love to share the spotlight. Not because I’m a giving man, but because I am lazy. God, I am so fucking lazy.

HOW DO I COMPETE IN THE BEAUTIFUL GAME?

l post a poll to this thread for every tournament. Vote in the poll. You will be considered entered.

Once you have entered please join the Beautiful Game Discord. It makes organizing tournaments much easier, and will allow you to join commentary/do interviews if you are interested in such things.

You may also join the Discord if you aren’t playing. It is active and chill and “drama free.” The voice chat is frequently populated, and we often stream videos and movies and play games together. If you are welcome on SB you are welcome on this Discord. We would love to have you!!

WHEN CAN I PLAY OR WATCH THE BEAUTIFUL GAME?

In the past it usually started at 9PM EST on Saturdays. I do not know if that will still be the case this season. But at the start? Probably Saturdays. Tourneys used to be near-weekly but from now on we’ll do it whenever I’m feeling the urge.

Ideally streams last 2-3 hours. Hopefully closer to two. In the past we had many technical issues, because my computer was very old, and had many problems. But now I have a new, powerful computer, and less patience than ever. I will do all I can to make sure this shit goes fast.

WHAT KIND OF GAMES DO YOU PLAY ON THE BEAUTIFUL GAME?

Anything that is free to play, pretty much. We’ve mostly leaned towards stuff that’s on Fightcade, as it has great netcode, has hundreds of games, is available on PC/Mac/Linux, and offers easy spectating. But we are open to anything that works on a computer and won’t cost me a dime. Feel free to offer suggestions!

I think our most popular game was Quake. Our least popular game was Herzog Zwei. Everyone said they would play Herzog Zwei. Few of them showed up. Those folks had the right idea. Anyone who says they know how to play Herzog Zwei is probably lying.

HEY I SIGNED UP BUT I CAN’T FIGHT. IS THAT OKAY?

Yeah, it’s no big deal. This is a serious competition where I’d like everyone to play to win*. But it shouldn’t be a stressful one! If you can’t make it you can’t make it. If you gotta split early it’s cool. Just please, please, please give me a heads up. It makes my life so much easier. It really lessens my stress! And I matter, dammit. I matter so much.

*Even though most of us have no clue how to play the games we’re playing.

I DON’T HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS FOR NOW BUT MAYBE LATER?

Okay.

Anyway let’s battle, folks. Let’s battle.

14 Likes

Hey do you wanna spend Guy Fawkes’ day golfing? It’s possible! Let’s figure out the best time to do it!

The game will be NEO TURF MASTERS. We did this one before! I won. It’s back again due to popular demand! I bet I win this time too. It is a classic Neo Geo golf game with an amazing soundtrack.

You can enjoy this music as you golf.

The tournament should take 2-3 hours. It will start at 2022-11-06T01:00:00Z. There used to be a poll here but I accidentally broke it. I am going to make a new poll now. Vote if you would like to play. I think I remember everyone who voted already but feel free to vote again!!

DO YOU WANT TO GOLF
  • YES, I WOULD LIKE TO GOLF ON NOVEMBER 5TH AT 9PM EASTERN US TIME

0 voters

You should be able to play regardless of your location on this planet so don’t hesitate to sign up if you are outside of America!

Thank you. See you ‘on the green’.

9 Likes

Is it gonna be normal rules this time or still speed golf?

1 Like

i’m voting for speed golf

speed golf speed golf speed golf

see i voted 4 times now

3 Likes

Not gonna go with the default timer due to time concerns. Players are constantly forgetting their turn and that buzzer is often the only thing that wakes them up. But I’m leaning towards making “Speed Golf” 10-11 seconds rather than the 7 it was last time – we got through that tourney pretty quickly (if you ignore Fightcade crashing in the middle of it) so maybe we could go slightly higher than that.

All depends on how quickly we get through things though. I am prioritizing finishing the main tournament in well under 3 hours. I think they’re always better when they’re closer to 2.

7 Likes

Seeing as how 2022-11-06T01:00:00Z is overwhelmingly winning we’ll just go with that as the start time and I will count everyone who voted there as an entrant.

If you would like to play go ahead and vote in the poll up there. It’s a new one. I accidentally deleted the old one. I fucked up. I’m so sick. That’s why I fucked up. I’m sure I’ll be healthy soon. But I fucked up. So feel free to vote again if you did already.

See you all next week, everyone!

I’ll be practicing. . . :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I joined the discord and I voted in the poll, if I joined too late that is okay I will just spectate

3 Likes

Thank you it is wonderful timing there is plenty of time,for golf

4 Likes

After a fun Jackbox hangout, I thought to practice some neo turf masters so I can walk away a champ on Saturday.

Happy to say that I walked away a winner tonight, buds. Despite my partner’s cheap tactics of making noises during putting time and cracking under pressure that earned me a couple double bogeys, I truly became the Young Hero

Still don’t totally understand the putting. What is grain and dark shades are downhill right?

Can’t wait to play y’all on the gween!

7 Likes

I’ll be honest: I have no clue how to read the green in this game.

4 Likes

it’s simple

you dial in a putt and the game says

“no”

6 Likes

Holes are gonna start gettin’ filled TONIGHT! See you at 2022-11-06T01:00:00Z for the second annual Select Button Neo Turf Masters Invitational, live, on https://twitch.tv/bachelorsoft!

I have done a fair amount of practicing for this. I have also obtained some prizes. You’ll never be able to guess these prizes. Unless you remember last year’s tournament. Then you know what the prizes are. They are the same prizes.

If you are playing and haven’t joined the Discord please do so. You can also join if you aren’t playing! It’s a great place, we have a good time, we were just talking about Mike Piazza up in there. Did you know if he was gay he’d be “gay all the way”? I didn’t! Anyway I’ll see you all tonight!! FORE!!!

3 Likes

We are live and paying tribute to Aaron Carter, the only guy who gave us a copyright strike during a beautiful game stream https://twitch.tv/bachelorsoft

3 Likes

Zany Golf (DOS version) is the only golf game I have ever played, other than Desert Golfing. I don’t think I could handle anything between the creativity of Zany and the minimalism of Desert.

Though I’d play whatever game this is, were it really like this:

4 Likes

Such a good time, big thanks again to @HOBO for hosting!! Everyone’s commentary was so good and funny, esp all the holes and strokes jokes. Also, wow, Gary is unbelievably gifted at trash talking

Really wish I got to play my sportsmen rival sakurina, but booji destroyed me. I choked, got so flustered by the amazing play! Can’t wait to do it again

7 Likes

the wind fucked me so hard but I learned to love the ping of the pin

7 Likes

I’ve contacted the BGGP*, the governing body that oversees the Beautiful Game, about overturning the results of the grand final on grounds that it sucks when I lose, and it should never happen, and it’s never actually my fault. Will let you know when they deliver their verdict, thanks!!

Also thank you for playing and watching, everyone, that was a lot of fun and it justified the 36 hours of prep time, what a wonderful group of friends I have, even the ones who threaten to kill me to death with golf.

ANYWAY who’s sick enough to spend their Saturday night playing competitive Sonic Adventure 2.

DO YOU WANT TO RACE AS SONIC OR ONE OF HIS FRIENDS AT 2022-11-13T02:00:00Z
  • YEAH SURE THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME

0 voters

If we get at least 4 signups before this poll closes at 2022-11-10T01:00:00Z I will run this stupid tournament that I’ve wanted to do for well over a year now. I know some of you got a taste of Sonic Adventure 2 mania in Easton. I was not present for that. I do not know how truly bad this can get. I really want to find out. We will be using either Dolphin or Parsec or Dreamcast emulation on Fightcade. I still haven’t figured it all out. But I will. If we get at least 4 players. If we don’t get 4 players I will never try to do Sonic again and will move on to healthier pursuits.

Here’s an image to entice you:

Actually wait no I meant to link this:

We could also just sit around and talk about Sonic for 90 minutes, I know some of you folks are real big sickies for Sonic, I’m willing to just turn the mic over to you, maybe we can all learn something about Sonic and ourselves, I bet that would be a great time, a really good time.

Let’s play Sonic, let’s see if we can outdo the trainwreck that was Herzog Zwei, thanks!

*Bravery Games Grand Prix

4 Likes

If my computer could play it, I would, just for a chance at revenge against @Closed

3 Likes

Showing up to NOONAN! NOONAN! all rivals is perfectly legal, even if you can’t compete.

That’s a reference to Caddyshack, a movie I watched last week. It’s 98 minutes long and took me about 12 hours to finish. It taught me lot about a certain kind of American male.

4 Likes

How the hell did we get 8 people

2 Likes