retro offices

It does sound like a very “lol what is climate control?” move. I also want to know more.

Omg yes. I don’t make a big deal out of it but I can hear them (loudly hissing) all of the time. If I’m alone the first thing I do is turn them off. There’s not even really a reason to use them over LEDs for temperature or legibility unless you’re blasting lumens for video/photography so I hope we stop using them in new construction altogether. I actually use LED bulbs at ~3000-5000k because I prefer the “daylight” temperature but the noise - the noise noise noise noise.

4 Likes

There were a couple of them in here (mostly focused on the equipment though)

Hudson Soft 1989

Toaplan 1990

SEGA 1989-1990

SEGA 1991-1992

Sega Technical Institute (USA) 1996

Konami 1995

SNK 1993

SEGA 1991

13 Likes

Gainax during development of Princess Maker 2.

GAINAX

11 Likes

Chunsoft
chunsoftoffices

4 Likes

This is a fun look at early game development (a documentary on the making of the Imagic game Atlantis):

1 Like

from the same ff7 press kit

6 Likes

NASA

4 Likes

7 Likes

Two keyboards, three mice

5 Likes

i will choose to believe that this is advertising the fact that if you get hired by sega in the 90s you only gotta work from 10am-3pm and you can drink as much virtua fighter soda as you want

4 Likes

That wee baby wide-screen CRT is adorable

3 Likes

A bunch of early 90s Nintendo here

Some glimpses of SEGA in this one from a sequel documentary

4 Likes

Looking Glass Studios

12 Likes

Two Evangelion posters and Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid

Do not go to a movie nite at this guy’s house

6 Likes

It was the 90s okay

Actually nvm I just noticed the Sleepy Hollow wallpaper on the comp

2 Likes

Move In, Stop, Move In

Enhance 226 to 174

Give me a hard copy right here

16 Likes

Oh shit, is that one of those mugs where they teleport out when you pour in hot coffee? Because I think my dad had one of those for TNG when I was a kid and heck yeah.

3 Likes

I lost this thread but now I found it again, thank you booji

My brother-in-law has an entire set in this style for each crew member; when we moved he gave me his Mr. Spock mug and it’s my favorite memento of my favorite early-20s GM

5 Likes