Remix'ed > Original

once again there’s me stepping out of the shadows just to confess to another horrible dubious choice in music: here, here, me, me, meeeee!!! So, uh, yeah, I dig Lana’s muzik, so I have to answer the call to action here.

re:
idk, this song always had that melancholic touch to it, and I don’t mean the Lana trademark americas-great-past-vibe that that lana has cleverly rocked and established over the years (which continues to fool me, let’s face it) - that melancholic touch was possibly influenced by the MV, which I saw first, so this might just be me. Still, i thought that this song basically recounts what teens are doing, playing pool, darts, doing (some kind of?) karaoke, hanging around w/ the crew, yet it is quite hung up on (her) playing video games, and for her boyfriend.

That somehow left this impression of wasted time of her, even though it is never explicitly mentioned anywhere in the song. Like, why would you be playing video games if you aren’t enjoying it? - that kind of feeling.
(and, discussing this kinda drunk some years ago, I was hung up quite a lot why she’d put on perfume when she’s just playing games for him … that discussion took a few weird turns quickly, but that’s a different story for another occasion)

so, following up on this point, I immediately think of something that’s basically accepted generally:
car nuts.

Maybe they are even painted black, and boxy, and then it perfectly fits the bill. What’s the difference of going on a drive when you couldn’t care less about cars, and sitting in a room playing video games?
(the answer is, obviously, that going places in RL, you at least have the chance to have more sensory experiences than when playing a game. maybe even meeting your next gf/boyfriend …)

1 Like