Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

my favourite experience like that is going to see Antichrist and the old couple in front of me just asked for ‘2 tickets to whatever is showing at 1pm’ and ended up being the only other people in the cinema with me

6 Likes

Is this phenomena exclusive to folks who are 60+? I still can’t fathom anyone who has mastery over their smart phone not doing the necessary research about a movie before they take the time to drive over there and see it. THAT suggests someone with infinite time on their hands.

exclusive to old bros

1 Like

This was also pre smartphone ubiquity but I can’t imagine much has changed, mostly carefree oldsters but occasionally younger folk too

If what you are looking for is a way to enjoyably waste a couple hours away from the responsibilities of the world, watching what you ultimately decide is a bad movie in a theater with a bag of popcorn in your lap after consulting a plucky youngster is much less unappealing than the idea of doing “research” for your fucking Saturday afternoon funtime

I concede that talking to the plucky youngster is part of the fun and if you are a NEET that’s probably terrifying instead

4 Likes

Can also confirm the appeal of interacting with A Youth among the octogenarian whimsical movie goer set

I slayed constantly by insisting they provide id for proof of qualification for the senior special

3 Likes

I am going to inflict myself on a whole lot of young people as I age

2 Likes

The only problem with all of this is that watching movies in the theater blind is awesome

1 Like

Yeah i obsessively look into the media i consume before i do so, and mostly only watch or read or play or listen to things i’m sure i’ll like in advance, and i think this has actually been more damaging than anything because it has made me more conservative about media and more likely to re-experience the same shit over and over. I kinda wish i had the stones to just go to the movies for the hell of it and check out something that sounded neat.
And it’s fun to interact with other people, sometimes, so idk i like the idea of just showing up at a game shop or movie theatre and asking “hey, the box/poster art on this looks cool, what’s it like??”

I wish i worked at a movie theatre or cool game shop actually. The only part of jobs i really like is talking to interesting, interested people.

Is Danganronpa worth playing for Masafumi Takada music?

That would be low on my reasons to play a game I enjoyed both it and the sequel of.

1 Like

So… if someone who has zero experience with any CRPGs decided to try either Pillars of Eternity or Torment: Tides of Numenera, which would be the better option to go with? I played Mass Effect 1 & 2 and Alpha Protocol and enjoyed all three of those, but that is about my sum-total experience with anything even resembling that genre and I’d like to try the one that I’d be less likely to bounce off immediately due to having zero background.

torment is much better than pillars (pretty much the exact same situation as with the original torment vis. baldur’s gate) but it has typically bad CRPG combat and walls of text, I’d recommend dragonfall (small game) or original sin (big game) first.

also: fallout 1, morrowind, witcher 2/3, star control 2

3 Likes

also the best ultima is 4 and the best wizardry is 6 but I wouldn’t strongly recommend playing either of those in 2017

1 Like

oh and deus ex duh

I like the Westwood wizardrylikes Eye of the Beholder 2 and Lands of Lore for their relatively brisk pacing (by crpg standards) and fantastic artwork and atmosphere

God damn those are some good lookin screens

I still love how much better software rendered DOS games looked in the early 90s when they had limited palettes versus in the late 90s when they didn’t

the UIs are just something else

he’s trying to get out

his face presses against the cold glass bubble

he lifts an inquisitive brow

is it you?

6 Likes

I haven’t played any of these but Ive been dying to do so the moment Ive got a computer.

http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/products.html

2 Likes