Puyo Time

https://twitter.com/livedesu/status/977885310309707776

this is the fastest I’ve seen anybody chain next to TAS videos and it’s making me upset

1 Like

this is one of the best rounds i’ve ever seen

2 Likes

1 Like

To be fair, I kind of wish they were eternally tied together now.

Still holding out for Magic Tetris Challenge Vs. Puyo Puyo Fever

2 Likes

I’m actually really excited for this because PPT had no regular Fever mode. This one will make Fever a playable mode in the puyo series for the first time in non-Japanese regions since 2004.

Puyo Puyo Champions has a new single-player challenge mode, available for the Japanese version (eSports). Score tables are saved locally.

• Official Challenge: Get as many points as you can within 120 seconds. All settings are set to standard Puyo Puyo 2 rules.

• Score Challenge: Set your own time limit, and customize game options. Each set of settings has its own ranking list.

• Unlimited Time Challenge: Set a score goal, and try to reach the goal as fast as as you can.

It also has a new lesson mode. There are three levels of lessons, and a puzzle mode.

Each puzzle has its own clear condition and set pieces. It plays similar to Nazo Puyo series, or the Nazo Puyo mode in Puyo Puyo Sun. The difference is, in Sun, the mode is endless, whereas Puyo Puyo eSports gives you a list of challenges in ascending difficulty.

cool thread

5 Likes

I watched one of those “evolution of SERIES_NAME” videos for Puyo before leaving and honestly if you haven’t seen Famicom Disc System Puyo Puyo, go look that shit up because it is straight up baffling

1 Like

Yup! It’s identical to the Famicom version IIRC, aside from the soundtrack upgrade

As far as I’m aware the MD version of Puyo Puyo 1 is the only one that retains the arcade/vs mode. I’m pretty sure all of the other ports are just endless marathon mode

Puyo Puyo Tsu getting first official English translation February 20 for Switch. 8 bucks.

Puyo Puyo 2 was most recently released as part of the Super Nintendo lineup on Nintendo Switch Online, though it was untranslated even in non-Japanese regions. In the Sega Ages release, Puyo Puyo 2 will get an English localization for the first time. This release is based off the arcade version from 1994 and includes two-player online battles, online rankings, a quick rewind feature, and a colorblind mode.

Releasing the same time as Sonic 2 now with added Drop Dash.

OCHAAAAAA

:dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre::dansemacabre:

1 Like

I am so embarrassingly rusty at console puyo but a standalone release of Tsu on the switch will be very encouraging

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 really just snuck under the radar at the end of 2020 huh. I don’t have it yet, but I desperately want to play it.

I’ve been using a three-wide base lately, either into extended GTR or some form of flat tail, when I had been stuck in a Sullen GTR opener for years. I’m trying to model my gameplan after Momoken and it’s been helping a lot.

Basically I’ve started doing this

when my go-to base used to be this

starting to accept that I just suck at doing flat stacking and giving my base parity helps my harassment potential a ton by allowing easier side chaining

6 Likes

when I watch old and new Momoken streams he almost always builds his base like this

which makes it easy to quickly unleash several side chains. it basically makes endgame potential really difficult, since he’s not building long chains with it, but because he’s a skilled observer he never misses his harassment timing anyway. working with several smaller chains is always about finding the precise time to strike. it’s like having huge normals in a fighting game. you’re not getting a ton of damage, but if you only press the button at the right time, you’ll chip away your opponent

6 Likes

My current player model in tower unite is Draco Centauros. That’s all I had to say.

3 Likes

pro tip for PC version of puyo puyo champions: removing your region actually gives you better matchmaking, as it makes you more likely to match against other regionless players–it also prevents you from noticing as frequently that you’re only #2 in your region

7 Likes