pulled through the fourth wall

another cappadocia pic that i’m posting mainly because this place is called SWORD VALLEY

7 Likes

The Witness puzzles are closing in on me pls send help

7 Likes

my world was ruined when someone who actually uses a camera more than once a year told me that pics like these are heavily photoshopped, i don’t know what’s real anymore and the world seems a little less cool

Digital photography kinda needs retouching.

“Photoshopped” doesn’t necessarily mean manipulated. Professional digital cameras capture a lot of raw image data, color information etc that typically results in a rather flat, bland color palette. Color correction via software in postproduction is a necessary step to bring out the mood the photograper intended for the image.

Other times they’re fake/manipulated, yeah, but I’m guessing it heavily depends on what the image is going to be used for

That picture in particular looks like an HDR/manipulated exposure; the stars are of a near-equal brightness to the ground, which isn’t how I experience the world. It’s a style which has started to give me connotations of ‘fake’ that aren’t pleasant, but I’m really reacting because it’s over-popular right now. Photography is stylized from eyeballs no matter what.

i was traveling and showed this picture to some friends
one of them said that it’s directly from The Witness and holy jesus

Wait, did you think you could see the Milky Way’s banding like this with your own eyes or a normally snapped photo? You have to at the very least be using a powerful lens and a long exposure/infinity focus process to get these results. You’ll never see this sort of sky anywhere in the world just looking up

12 Likes

just needs some waist-high covers sprinkled throughout

If anything it made me think of that dead-end right next to the Depths’ entrance

3 Likes

1 Like

26 Likes

Need this in a Myst game. Bonus points if all the monitors are showing info vital for solving puzzles

13 Likes

whoa hey i live in barcelona, i might go check out that building. hopefully one can just walk in.

oh my god same

also @haley looks like old mate John Patmos has made a career

3 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes

I thought this was the axe vanity thread, so I was like “sleepy, why are you a wall”

otherwise, good post

Luis Barragán

6 Likes