podcasts

i’ve had several people suggest podcasts to me on facebook every few months but i regrettably only end up listening to like 1 or 2 of the suggestions before forgetting and then later i can’t really go back to find the comments but i just started listening to 28 Plays Later and I really enjoyed it during my drive to work so I was super wondering what kind of podcasts SB would suggest a dude who has an hour drive to work everyday should listen to

mbmbam

I like the TOVG podcast, mileage may vary.

But P!FAL is the best. Do that for sure.

Those guys should put me on. I still have the P!FAL tag in my Steam name from when I hung out playing L4D with them like five years ago.

Jeremy “SpindleyQ” Penner of Glorious Trainwrecks recently started up a podcast called “The Fringe Games Podcast” where he talks to game makers and community members who were involved with niche game scenes (so far mostly from the late 80s to early 2000s). Penner’s getting more comfortable as an interviewer and the portraits he and his guests paint of their communities are really vivid and interesting. Like the communities themselves, the audience for the podcast might be niche, but I’d imagine there are a few SBers who might enjoy (and I wasn’t involved in any of these communities myself, so you don’t have to be an insider to enjoy them).

3 Likes

Is this “Skye” of P!FAL internisus?

that’s them/him. Ya. Your favourite right?

I honestly don’t remember what if any particular feelings I had re: them at all. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Skye’s yourtub vids as internisus are real good.

1 Like

Here’s what I listen to 8 hours a day while I work:

LaserTime - Pop culture (video games, TV, et cetera, hosted by former Talk/GamesRadar people and some former Capcom guys)
302010 - Pop culture (covers pop culture 30, 20, and 10 years from the date of the episode)
Harmontown - Dan Harmon’s podcast. I’ve been jumping around episodes, and am surprised that he continues his “I fucked your mama” raps, but then that’s redeemed with hilarious shit like the Johnny Varvatos rap, the Giant/Tiny Ice Cube Saga, the ED-209 Saga, et cetera.
Grandma’s Virginity Podcast - Justin Roiland’s podcast from before he got famous. A cacophony of flatulence.
The Dollop - A podcast covering American (and Australian) history.
Hardcore History - Multiple episode, 2+ hour long coverage of various topics from throughout history.
Tank Riot - Guys from tropical Madison, WI talk about whatever the fuck.

I occasionally listen to the Talking Simpsons podcast, but listening to Henry Gilbert is like when you stick a cotton swab just a little bit too far into your ear and you feel that tinge of pain telling you that you’ve gone too far and you need to head back.

I also love going back to the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project, especially Hail Satan with Chip Gardner.

I listened to their gamescast sometimes until they did that episode with the dude who got head writer credit on Spec Ops: THE LINE and he spoke the phrase “I am an excellent writer” and they all slobbed upon him and that terrible game and after I just couldn’t ignore all the small things that had bothered me about them before. It was over it was ruined it was done :waynestare:

1 Like

Yeah, there’s some shit I don’t really care for regarding LaserTime, but they cover a wide variety of stuff, it’s generally entertaining, and they have a large backlog. Plus, I’m usually working and only half-paying attention, so I’m sure a lot of stuff that would annoy me goes unnoticed because of that.

I’m currently looking for some kind of comic podcast that covers story arcs and stuff where the host isn’t completely devoid of personality.

Are there good videogame podcasts outside of the ones run by SBers?

theres a thread for this already: Podcast Secret Level (podcast recommendations thread)

i swear im not just linking it because I made it, it just made more sense to me than a bunch of people repeating their reccs
i can give it a more clear title if that helps

OOPS. I did a forum search for podcasts and this one popped up before the other one and I actually just assumed this one was that one (and I assumed that one was an SB-related podcast Bonus Round-type thing). Will investigate.

We oughtta merge this thread into that one IMO