Podcast Episode #80: Game Paradigm

I didn’t!

i’m so excited to sit down and listen to this tonight

i listened to it tonight!

i love the music and editing, it’s so good! great job. i can’t believe how well my segment turned out, and how great all the voice acting was on everything. i felt honored to have so many cool people on it. the other segments were great too. great job everyone!

3 Likes

i died

2 Likes

bra

Like, I can’t stop thinking about Shrug’s section. The overwrought metaphors involving testicles, the breathless and almost orgasmic delivery, the hog noises. That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time.

The whole thing was amazing though - great production, great music choices, great scripts. The Console Talk thing took me about 2 minutes to get what the parody was but when I did, that was pretty much gold.

Anyway good job everyone <3

2 Likes

vo

3 Likes

it also took cuba that long to figure out that car talk was not hosted by bernie sanders

3 Likes

direct from Hah-vahd square,

Cambridge Mass

1 Like

Feel like more of the vox should’ve had a scooped EQ forced into them but otherwise well played you folks

1 Like

“literally can’t even with this stuff” is so perfect.

good job on this, all.

1 Like

Oh man, Console Talk is perfect.

1 Like

[spoiler]There was a point at which I was “hyping” everyone with said scoop and limiting them to hell, but as you know some participants mics are lower fidelity than others, and you can’t force someone’s omni-directional laptop mic into sounding like Tom Leykis… it just ends up sounding harsh and distorted (super-fatiguing) and it also had the side effect of making the transition from one person to he next sound even more “off” so I pulled back on the EQing for the sake of overall cohesiveness. That said I am surprised at the miracles I worked to get everything sounding this good.

The moral of the story is if I ever do one of these again I will have already mailed a decent mic to felix 's faaaaace. [/spoiler]

2 Likes

I’m using an ostensibly decent dedicated mic myself but I never feel like it sounds clear enough in the end and I just assume I have it set up horribly wrong in some way.

Big points for commitment

Pretty difficult to actually mess that part up! What mic is it?

tbh I think I’m just getting too close to mine and getting all excited. it’s a perfectly adequate webcam mic.

It sounded about the same on the Wii U cast and there’s no way you were excited about Nintendo hardware. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

don’t make me type a long post about polar patterns and frequency response and noise floor then mail you a mic anyway oh god why did I open this door

2 Likes

it’s a blue snowball mic

I can’t tell if I just have it positioned badly or some option in ventrilo is fucking it up

I feel like it sounds fine when I just record myself in audacity though so I’m leaning towards something fucked with my vent settings that make it sound way worse than it should be.

1 Like