Podcast Episode #73: Rural Games

im sorry about “ride the hoggggg” i was actually less drunk at that point i have no excuse i just thought it would be funnier ahead than it was aloud

No apologies, no regrets. Accept your hoglust

2 Likes

To get a little real for a moment, I learned the hard way that we should definitely avoid detailed descriptions of sexual stuff as part of podcasts–regardless of context.

I also cut stuff if I sense it’s going too far off of the rails, most hitches where it’s taking someone too long to remember a thing, or entire passages if people were cutting themselves off multiple times mid-sentence because they were just really bad about keeping the push-to-talk key held down the whole time. Ventrillo recording can’t deal with that, so it just cuts you off in the middle of the last word each time. I don’t blame people for doing it because we’re all trained to do this when using push-to-talk in online games, I’m just using this opportunity to point it out! Vent is just really bad in general about cutting the recording off a fraction of a second before you actually released the key. You’ll notice it’s pretty much an issue across all casts and we should probably just switch to Skype.

I’d be down with switching over to skype

I’ve seen a few people using this alongside skype since it’s still free for a hassle-free ‘everyone records their own audio’ solution

https://zencastr.com/

That looks way better than the thing I found last time I looked into this. I think I’ll oversee the next recording and find out how it works.

edit: wow, it even separates the files. That would save me a lot of work! Looks like it will eventually move to a paid deal, and I already pay for podcast hosting : (

Yeah, eventually it will have a cost but might as well use it while it’s still free

not sure how monster hunter didn’t come up. that game is loaded with The Pioneering Spirit in all aspects of its gameplay.

there’s even a farm!

THERE I SNOTHING AGRARIAN ABOUT HUNTERGATHERING

1 Like

ahh, I may have misunderstood the the main theme, sorry. Good thing I wasn’t on the podcast!

i dont think anyone really understood the theme that well tbh it was kinda slapdash

1 Like

I’m kidding anyway. It was a pretty slapdash content-wise episode but I will take any opportunity to not shut up about dragon pass

No other game lets you have sex with a mountain.

2 Likes

I remember a minute or two of talk about Monster Hunter?!

Also I think this was a good podcast! Maybe because there was more general theme talk than there’s been for ages.

hmm maybe I spaced out for that. I heard someone jokingly say “you’re a monster hunter” but that was all I picked up

It mustn’t have been much. It didn’t make the list.

1 Like

I brought up Monster Hunter near the end but I think I forgot to mention it has farming lol. Not sure if it made it in - haven’t had a chance to listen yet.

Also, thanks B coma!

1 Like

@b_coma killing it with the music choices lately

1 Like

Having actually listened to this now, no one is allowed to forget that we must do a Guncast.

you mean gunZcast

bless