Podcast Episode #72: THE BUTTON PUSHERS GAME AWARDS 2016

Just gave this a listen. Really funny! Can’t decide between this being a great gaming podcast or the greatest gaming podcast.

1 Like

Was all of this ad-libed? The editing and sound design was incredible. Y’all are champions. Gonna give it a second listen cause there is so much packed in there.

1 Like

There was a script with ad-libbing done around it. bcoma is the True Champion both for the sound design and shaping our (especially my D:) ad-libs into something coherentish and funny.

2 Likes

Oh shit, looking forward to listen to this! New Nutton Pushers has been long overdue.

1 Like

If you really think about it, this is not a typo

2 Likes

That was great. Donald Duck especially ǥo

2 Likes

Listened twice now. So good. From the moment I realized the Radiolab intro I knew this was gonna be a special one. Completely lost it at the Kingdom Hearts trailer.
Had an image in my head of every one of you sitting by a long table in fancy suits at a VGA stage presenting all this. Well, it wasn’t too hard with B Coma’s amazing editing. Who did the song segments and the announcer voices for the game award categories?

Was Diplo in this at all or am I confusing his voice and Milkman?

1 Like

they were both there!

1 Like

Good opportunity to mention it helps if yall spread the link around. The only way we get new listeners and new members is by ???

1 Like

Mission Accomplished :servbotsalute:

2 Likes

Oh btw the opener track comes from this compilation

1 Like

I want to say thanks to everyone who came out for this and made it come alive, it would have been pretty sad without you even though I prepared as much as I could beforehand. You all definitely brought a lot of to the table whether it was great character work, bizarre tangents or just quick thinking. I was worried at first knowing how chaotic recording was and I had several different sessions I was pulling other elements from that had been prepped but it in the end editing it was really fun (I had to stop and laugh a lot during the KH3 trailer). There was actually another Code of the Day song I recorded that would have happened as the closing theme, but I cut it midway through the project fearing it was too much. I also had to cut the David Cage interview for time reasons but the finished product ended up being an hour anyway, which surprised me.

Thanks to diplo for offering some music which I used as music beds under some of the award segments (as opposed to me just using stuff without permission like I did a million podcasts ago I’m still sorry :redface:).

If you are having trouble differentiating, diplo did the sponsorships for BigDad, while Milkman introduced the in memoriam segment, I think their voices are pretty distinct.

Doing what little I can. Speaking of which, who’s in charge of the Selectbutton twitter account these days? Since we don’t have a front page any more we really should at least use it to promote the podcast. Maybe also other stuff that comes up in the Output forum or just interesting threads in general?

I thought so but since I didn’t see diplo’s name in the credits and I don’t immediately recognise Milkman’s voice as much as the others I wasn’t sure.

Oh dang, good catch. Fixed.

This is absolutely incredible! I was suffocating from laughter!

Everyone did an amazing job. The music bumpers for each award got me everytime, so perfect. That super chunky riffage and computer voice modulation.

I nearly put my car in the ditch when the Donald Duck impression came in, and the dead pan “Garsh” Goofy impression.

I am standing and applauding the whole lot of you.

“I put you in my cup … and I drink you up.”

“Amen to that brother!! Praise the sun! Sunbros for life. So happy this
is the first comment on this forum! I preordered it on the store and the
countdown begins… We are like 7 days and like less than 14 hours and
45 minutes from download launch!! Hell yes man. Dark souls 3 FTW!”

“Sunbro fist pump in full effect!”

“Also did I see this right on the UPLAY/Ubisoft Club page: Zombi is the
other Free PlayStation Plus game besides Dead Star for the PS4 but it
shows only the PC & Wii U’s ZombiU are the only versions that
connect with UPLAY/Ubisoft Club… Is Ubisoft getting lazy towards its
PlayStation Players or what…?”

To find out what I was parodying you merely have to look at the comments of any Playstation blog post apparently.

1 Like

iNoxious here tries to convince us

“UPLAY is sweeeet!!! I wish more Game Dev’s
did a similar thing, …but whats great is the UPLAY credit/points I earn
from one game i can use on any other game on any platform. And UPLAY
credits/points can’t be bought with $ I’m pretty sure, …you have to earn
em just like trophies. I’ll admit some of the rewards you trade in your
credits/points are just stupid or pointless but some are really nice
and helpful which is why being able to spend your UPLAY points/credits
on any game on any platform with a game that connects with UPLAY of
course just seals the deal for greatness…!”

“Dear Sony,
Could you please talk to SEGA as they are so narrow minded and never listened to their fans?
They act like they gave everyone a chance to buy “OUTRUN ONLINE
ARCADE” six years ago on PS3. They not only never released it in
physical copies, but it was only released in Europe PSN Store. Where’s
the justice?”

“please make ps4 has backward compatibility with PS1 games ever released on psn for ps3”

1 Like

“If I were only buying PS Plus for the free games I would cancel. These
are just awful. I remember the days when the games weren’t crap. And to
the slag who said “everyone wants their **** for free”, well, idk about
you but my PS Plus isn’t free. Idiot.”

I’m having fun over here guys.

that was hysterical. i loved it.

1 Like

I was unprepared for a production of this tier

Though honestly, playing it at 1.25x the actual speed did constitute an improvement and appropriate

1 Like