ps4 mroe liek ps2 m i rite

“play spelunky 2”

7 Likes

I played for an hour. I enjoyed it. I feel bad because I keep dying in 1-1

3 Likes

I too keep dying in the first world despite having some experience spelunking

Granted I was bad at the first one and never reached the end

1 Like

They added a lot of variety, so I think we’ll just have to learn a bunch. I remember dying a lot in early levels in the original Spelunky too.

1 Like
2 Likes

Fuck moles!

I was getting rolled by the end of 1-4 til I bought paste. I’m way out of practice!

1 Like

Moles are fucking ruthless. Also keep dying to the ghost because of the new ghost jar, that I finally learned had distinct graphics.

3 Likes

urr

1 Like

The design is pretty interesting to me. “Let’s make an enemy that ignores walls, so that you can’t avoid them by standing still or waiting” “Hmm, I don’t think it’s disruptive enough; let’s give it a bunch of hitpoints too.”

I’m getting overwhelmed by the amount of new stuff. The main thing the game seems to be communicating right now is “slow the fuck down and consider the risk of each obstacle before you rush headlong into it” but also “here’s a mole fuck you and your caution”.

Somehow this game seems even more grim than the others because they’re going for a « We’re all just having fun! » story this time which is so wildy at odds with the constant danger, murders, endless pain, inescapable nature of the Groundhog day ruins, slow descent into madness as you sacrifice your pets and friends to the goddess of destruction, etc, that I can’t help but think about the horror of it all the time while playing

I feel like the game could have used some tweaks, I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed by how conservative it’s been so far. Also I hate how you can’t whip unconscious creatures until they die and have to wait until they wake up to hurt them again.

Still great of course

3 Likes

Yeah I’m totally down with the idea of the mole but it just has too many hitpoints. Maybe not though, idk. I do enjoy knocking it unconscious and throwing it into traps if they’re available.

1 Like

100%

omg those moles…

I haven’t gotten out of the 1’s yet, but there are some intriguing mysteries already. I saw an iguana eat one of those dung beetles once, so I wonder if there are any tricks with that. Maybe you can tame them…

I also keep hearing a little almost sitar-sounding cue in the music now and then. It only happens once in a while and it sounds pretty out of place, so I’m wondering whether it happens when you’re around a secret, the way the secret shop worked in the first game.

Anyone know what the point of the campfire huts is? You can attack the campfire to get a lit torch, but that doesn’t seem like enough to justify how many of these rooms there are. Unless the torch can do something pretty wild…

1 Like

The worst is when you’ve got all the turkeys but one, and that last turkey is absolutely unable to reach the turkey pen. I want that turkey treasure! Even though half the time it’s completely not worth it.

I have bombed my way into the turkey treasure through the background layer – that was pretty satisfying, but the level layout has to allow for it.

Also all my turkey encounters have been 100% pure trouble so I now just eat them every time.

1 Like

I’ve heard it too! I’ve explored more thoroughly and used all my bombs around where I was when that happened, but I’ve found nothing

I’ve gone for the turkey treasures twice and only ever found like 1,5k worth of gold there, completely worthless

2 Likes

I got to the second area! Holy shit!

I think with the number of elements it has, the first area in this game is probably as hard as the second area in the original Spelunky. Idk, I feel like I had to learn a lot, and I played a ton of the original! Wonder what the completely new player experience is like…

Although I can imagine a false sense of confidence doesn’t help and maybe being completely new makes you more cautious.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: The second area is fucked.

2 Likes