Please help me find a song I'm pretty sure is from a game.

Hey, SB gang! It’s been a long time.

SB has been great in the past at helping me find obscure video game music, and I didn’t have any luck with this question on Reddit, so I thought I’d try here.

I’m looking for a song that I’m 99% sure was in a PS2 / Dreamcast-era video game, and I think it played during character select or stage select.

The song repeated “get down to the crazy beat!”, sampled from “Beat Dis”:

Here’s a vocaroo:

The song sped up that sample from the original song, so in the game music it was higher pitched than it is in the vocaroo.

It sounds like something that would be in Jet Set Radio, but I listened to all the music from JSR and couldn’t find it.

Any ideas?

Someone on Reddit suggested the title song to Lethal League Blaze, which is similar but not quite it.

5 Likes

kneejerk reaction is funk da beat from bomb rush cyberfunk, but it seems like it’s the same problem as your lethal league blaze suggestion; close but no cigar.

hello, i can’t help, but i was coincidentally thinking about crosstown just the other day

5 Likes

hooray! thanks!

can’t believe you went to reddit first :stampstampstamp:

2 Likes

It’s also entirely possible that this is something I imagined, based on misremembering how that song goes…

weird, “everybody in the street” is sampled from Feel It, but that continues into “get down to the funky beat”, so Beat Dis is using a new soundalike line

2 Likes

Definitely seems like a 2000s sports arcade game or a recent throwback to them. I think SSX and similar were all licensed stuff. It sounds like it could be a track on a Wipeout or Fzero clone as well. Am searching my osts

The original version of that song uses “funky beat”, but for some reason they changed it to “crazy beat” for the US release.