plastic toy games

1 Like

fuck yes

11 Likes

Wasted a lot of time on the family Performa playing a dart-gun toting action figure in a Toy Storyfied after-hours retail establishment rescuing the Fuzzy Bunnies who have foolishly blundered out of the Doll Department to be menaced by various Bad Toys (who are Bad and Deserve Dart Justice).

power-pete_1

mightymike-01

mike10

mike18

Its presentation can be somewhat inconsistent re: diegetic toy environments.

mightymike-02

mightymike-10

Rights reverted from publisher to developer some time ago. The latter now offers it as Mighty Mike (4 PowerPC Macs only).

3 Likes

this one, ghost recon shadow wars. i was posting on my kindle earler, so couldn’t go fetch pictures

totally has a “moving miniatures around a board” feel, especially with the 3d switched on

3 Likes

Maybe more paper diorama than plastic but made me think of this thread

7 Likes

Among the minigames you could unlock in WarioWares after the first one are some toys that you could interact with using the tilt sensor and touch screen in the later games.

3 Likes

always thought ff7’s graphics game off this vibe

reminds me specifically of like

3 Likes

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 definitely count, right? They’re gachapon toys! All the levels and bonus games imply these monkeys are really tiny, name entry for 2 is a gachapon machine, and the monkeys feel like they’re made of a very plastic material.

I know the rendering of this era made everything look plastic, but I can’t see the monkeys from at least these two specific games as anything other than tiny gacha figures come to life

10 Likes

The world’s most complex gacha delivery system

1 Like

The stop motion animation elements in Mortal Kombat, Duke3D, and Doom?

Also,

Though I guess there might be more glass, metal, and wood than plastic.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I like the plastic action sprites in Chameleon Twist which is otherwise a mess of muddy polygons. Found some sprite sheets and made some GIFs out of 'em

shark seahorse scorpion robot ladybird hamburger grenade duck cookie chesspiece bee ant

10 Likes