piping hot Raspberry Pi

here’s some more pics of all the assorted ends and pieces i have on my pi 4

i love typing nilbog:8112 into my web browser and doing torrent crimes

nilbog:8080 brings up my calibre server (rly enjoying re reading discworld)

just realized after posting that most of these haven’t been converted to kindle format yet whoops

heres a visualization of my media servers contents

this is a little esoteric and fiddly and theres probably a better way but i have vlc installed so i can use the vlsub plugin to download subtitles to save onto the share w/ all the pirated movies (usually i use vnc to use my phone as a remote thats connected to the sever)

youtube downloader that doesnt involve going on sketchy sites (it’s not especially fast so far though, not sure why)

the project im really wanting to get finished for my pi 3 is to use my spare webcam to make an old school creature cam for our dubia roaches, theres so many different ways i implement it that i’m not sure which direction i wanna pursue fully
im thinking something like this:

edit: i forgot to mention, i also have a second share setup for steam, the y directory is the second hard drive in my usb 3.0 dock connected to the pi and its a 7200 rpm, it works fine for a lot of games, especially older ones, ive tried red dead redemption 2 and that runs perfectly, but conversely ive tried Let It Die and it turns the game into a chugging untextured mess, strange stuff!

5 Likes