Peak SB Aesthetic

Here’s the GIMP palette for you DIYers out there

22 Likes

def. click on the DooM and SMT pics a couple of times to get the full resolution - much more impressive that way

1 Like

these are way, way better than I expected. these are front page worthy, in a world without front page

2 Likes

This is uh, very good

and im very tempted to make that Persona pic my wallpaper

1 Like

4 Likes

this is tight

is there like a way to do this in realtime with ReShade or something?

I looked into this and, yeah, probably. But I don’t know how :-/

8 Likes

5 Likes

i missed these earlier

those first two came out shockingly well given the limitations of those palettes

3 Likes

The WW one also looks really good dithered

5 Likes

7 Likes

“this is just a regular…oh shit”

3 Likes

Super Select Button 3

1 Like

5 Likes

this is definitely the thread this question makes the most sense for

i am trying to make this avatar into the two sb post bg colors but either i or photoshop or discourse is fucking this up slightly. it is bothering me. can someone take a look at this and maybe fix it if the problem is the image and not some weird discourse compression shit?

Definitely some weird Discourse thing. I don’t know why this worked, but changing the color mode to grayscale made it so that discourse stopped changing the colors very slightly.

2 Likes

i had that problem as well when i was remaking my p3p avatar for this forum and i think after alot of tries i managed to get around it by saving it as a gif? i’m not sure

This sounds correct; as I recall saving as one particular file format bypasses Discourse’s image processing stuff, so it stops trying to do excess cropping and aspect ratio changing and such. Pretty sure gif is the one. I’ll check it when I’m on a desktop.