ParsecTeam Aka Play My Game With Me

Facts:

• Parsec is a program you can run on your computer to play games on other people’s computers at almost the same time.
  • The Moon Fields (aka my awesome game) is also playable on Parsec.
  • There are many other awesome games with local multiplayer playable on Parsec
  • Discord helps the couch to couch (computer chair to computer chair?) divide
3 Likes

I started this thread specifically to promote my official game developer play nights that are starting tonight 7pm CST, but the value of playing weird indie games w/ selectbros is also very very high. The link above is specifically the “local multiplayer” tag on itch.io.

Anyways, 7pm tonight I’m going to be paying for cloud computing space so I can broadcast Moon Fields images to your computers at the fastest speeds possible. I promise this shit is a good time, and if it’s not, you can throw it in my face. Or just play some other games with other select bros.

2 Likes

That is hot! I use parsec all the time. I’m even using it with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and it works flawlessly, feels like I’m at my own PC. (I’m not that far away from my PC and that helps)

I’d love to check out your game

1 Like

Yeah, dude, Parsec is craazy good. I was getting like 3 frames of lag with some stutter because I accidentally made my server in Eastern Europe and people joined too fast. When I normally run my cloud server from New York it’s super fucking nice. The crazy part is that since the upload speed from the cloud computer is like 40-50mb/s (which is not insane, but it’s nice and way better than what I have), I can Parsec out to the whole crew of 8.

Anyways, we should organize a time for select button duders to play some games over Parsec. I’d prefer it to be Moon Fields, but once we’re up and running we can play literally anything. LMK, I’m usually free in the evenings after 8pCST.

1 Like

I want to play Moon Fields with you guys

2 Likes

Would weekends let there be a more euro friendly time to play possibly?

2 Likes

Yes! Let’s organize a time! I played on a euro cloud server and it was super playable.

1 Like

I’ve got time to play today! I’d also prefer a Euro-friendly time but whatever, I can stay up tonight if some more US people join. Since no one’s made a suggestion yet I’m just going to throw out 7 pm CEST. That should be okay for working people too. Well, unless you’re in retail… Then maybe 8 or 9?

8 pm CST is 3 in the morning for me, so that’s kinda rough… but if you’re not free before that I guess that’s how it has to be!

It looks like I’m 7hrs apart from you guys over in CEST. I should’ve realized that 7CEST was like an hour ago. I actually have to pack right now for a game event where I play a ton of The Moon Fields, so… maybe tomorrow?? Btw, the best way to fast communicate with me is my twitter at https://twitter.com/lunarsignals.

I guess since this thread is slow communication, let’s do some long range planning. I’m in Midwest America and I am in CST. I’m available most weekdays all day with daytimes most viable for some game time. I am usually asleep 12a-6a, though.

Tldr: I think 7pCEST weekdays will work for me normally

1 Like

I think I should be free today as well. I’ll try 7 pm CEST and if no one’s on then then I can check again at 8 pm CST as well

I am not on twitter though, so that sucks!

I can’t really long range plan, sadly. I only know what I’ll do and where I’ll be one or maybe two days beforehand.

We’ll get this going, no worries :wink:

1 Like

I probably (though not certain) won’t be able to make it today. More likely to be available for the weekend.

1 Like

The Moon Fields on parsec TONIGHT at 7pm CST. I might start earlier if that helps you guys. I’ll be in my discord at 7pm so join up and bug me https://discord.gg/hJFsk6H

Also, maybe to help planning we need a better notification system? Is there a Discord channel ya’ll are into? I get phone notifications, but for some reasons I don’t get’em consistently for SelectButton messages?

I’m sorry I couldn’t make this. Has kind of been a nightmare week for me on the whole. I WILL figure out way to time this though as soon as things lighten up a bit during the week.

1 Like

Btw, if people post open times in their schedules we can probably make this happen. I’m very flexible, Tuesday-Sunday so normal waking hours Midwest time on those days is A++.

use doodle.com y’all

1 Like

Suuuuup. Anybody up to play today like in 2 hours-ish?

https://parsec.gg/p/5iqFlQ

I want to do this but my schedule is completely screwed up but looking forward to playing it at bumpass.

What is bumpass

1 Like