Output Devices

Bitches leave

3 Likes

Next Generation magazine - April 1995

2 Likes

A guy in our local fighting game group just got a Sony KD-34XBR960 and I have no space for such a thing but I’m so jealous ;_;

2 Likes

6 Likes

messing around with crt-royale more has now made me desire a ≥4k oled display

2 Likes

someone with an OSSC tell me about your experiences before I blindly drop 200 bucks on one and then another 50 or so on cables

1 Like

I came to appreciate solid blocks of color on older games a lot more with mine; due to the contrast everything looks a lot more saturated than even a CRT. Early-80s color-on-black looks especially good, stuff like Robotron, Defender, and vector-display games with modern shaders are incredible when you see them really try to blow out your eyeballs.

1 Like

The OSSC is pretty awesome, just make sure your TV is compatible. Because it doesn’t do any frame rate conversion, some TVs don’t like the odd frame rates output by some consoles. I hear the SNES is particularly problematic, but I don’t have an SNES myself to test.

I get the feeling my TV will do line2x and nothing more (which is fine, I’ve plugged stuff into it and already knows it natively handles 240p over composite just peachy) but I’ve got other things and OSSC seems mighty future proof instead of like, buying a Mega Sg

also, pft, I don’t need to worry about no trash systems like the SNES not working

I love the hell out of mine. Use a cheap 4k computer monitor and run line 5x mode with scanlines all day every day!

I’ve been considering this ever since I replaced my 2007 TV with great legacy support and disconnected everything analog, but my PC’s hooked up to the new TV and emulation is so good…

I’d really need to talk myself into it

I bought a Framemeister back when I was flush and the OSSC looks ever so slightly better. If I had to make the choice again, I’d probably go for it.

8 Likes

Sony KVD-6NV1. Standalone GPS Nav system presumably for in-car use.

12 Likes

I really wonder what it was about the Japanese market that supported so many deeply niche pieces of electronic hardware.

1 Like

BOGO bonus:

Sony EV-DT 1. Video 8 combo, 1991(?).

6 Likes

It is an interesting question who’s answer probably isn’t as simple as “the bubble”(s) and someone could probably devote a lifetime to (maybe never) figuring properly.

1 Like

In 1990, you could get a factory navigation system with a CRT touch screen.

1990 Mazda Eunos Cosmo navigation system

“In 1990, Mazda introduced the first ever GPS system for automotive navigational use. Offered in the top-of-the-line Eunos Cosmos cars, and only available in gadget-loving Japan, Mazda’s navigation system was built into the actual car. For the first time, your position on the road could be triangulated in real time from satellites in space. Truly the “space age” had finally arrived in the automobile.”

https://ndrive.com/brief-history-gps-car-navigation/

6 Likes

if i go back to making money again i will get a figaro first but the 4th gen cosmo is #2 on the list but sadly i think prices will just continue to rise perhaps outpacing the fd rx7 which is a tough sell

1 Like

if you can afford the fuel it sips?

the only three-Rotor engine available to customers, it must be as wasted as Hasselhoff the moment you turn the key…