Output Devices

Last night I was watching episode 40 of Game Center CX - Gargoyle’s Quest II.

In it, Arino’s gaming center visit is to Ayase Batting Center, located in Adachi, Tokyo. I think this episode aired in late 2006, not sure what their production timeline is like.

At around 2:20 we get our first short glimpse of an actual Konami Domy H.V. cabinet in the wild. Two of them, actually, in this run down batting cage lobby. Most of the machines in the center are broken, which Arino lampoons etc.

Remarkably at 5:52 he makes his way to one of the Domy H.V.s which is setup to play Super World Stadium '93. We then get to watch about a full minute of close up, blurry, gameplay on the cab. I think you also might see two more H.V.s as he walks up to the cab, as well.

Fuckin’ cool.

I tried to find the place on Google Maps but couldn’t, perhaps doesn’t exist anymore. I thought I had found it, somewhat in the same general area and perhaps renamed to Umeda Batting Center but on closer look it’s not the same place.

5 Likes

7 Likes
1 Like

11 Likes

what’s that? looks cool.

Also,

redditor u/mikechi_two’s news to me; pvm/profeel-pro cube in FF7

5 Likes

the pair on ebay for a cool $899.00
3 Likes

Know less than nothing about this stuff but saw this in a secondhand shop today and figured this thread might wanna see it

6 Likes

4 Likes

14 Likes

oh shit, what do i need to do to raise this chao

3 Likes

lots more here: http://adelaideretrocomputing.blogspot.com/

5 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

11 Likes

Man so much consumer product design these days is so boring

4 Likes