Output Devices

pang of nostalgia for the huge sitdown super turbo / mk2 cabinets at the arcade when i was a lad, thickest scanlines i ever done saw

Feel like this thread will like this close up I took of an astrocity:

10 Likes

If I never have an entire astrocity I at least want the monitor
Maybe I can just buy one + whatever yoke(?) needed to plug it into my compo

I cleaned up the 32" trinitron that’s been collecting dust upstairs in my parents house for 13 years. apparently these are pretty good for gaming eh? (that’s a joke)

hooked up the SNES with S video cables, played some Super Turrican

W O W I’m hooked

6 Likes

picture please

3 Likes

13 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

Wanted! For an upcoming exhibition, we are looking for these two design objects, “Jack in the box” by Timo Salli, 1997 and “Thing” by Arik Levy. Do you own any of them and would you like to lend the item to us? Contact Susanne Eriksson, project manager at the National Museum ( susanne.eriksson@nationalmuseum.se ) or send a direct message here on Facebook.

Ps. Here you can read more about the exciting exhibition: https://www.nationalmuseum.se/utställningar/kommande-utställningar/snowcrash Ds.

Snowcrash started as a design exhibition in Milan in 1997 by a group of unknown, young Finnish architects and designers. Snowcrash later developed into a Swedish company based in Stockholm that collaborated with international designers. Snowcrash attracted worldwide attention and was praised for its visionary design.

This exhibition shows the collection that was developed in 1997 - 2003 and that reflects a time when the future looked bright and technological advances revolutionized the way to communicate and live.

The exhibition is produced by the National Museum based on a concept by Gustaf Kjellin, independent curator and author, Stockholm and Ilkka Suppanen, architect and designer in Helsinki and one of Snowcrash’s initiators.

The opening of the exhibition has been postponed to 2021 due to the situation around the new corona virus.

https://www.nationalmuseum.se/utställningar/kommande-utställningar/snowcrash

image image

This is one of my works titled as “Jack in the Box.” These days our houses are filled with so many electronic gadgets and even we don’t notice it. Our houses almost have become an “Entertainment Electronic Center, and the gadgets are mostly centered by the television set. I made the television set as if it is a “Jack in the Box.” Not only the shape of the set, while the set is not in use, the monitor is retracted into the box. Literally it is gone out of sight. We often unconsciously turn on the set by manipulating the remote control device. “Jack in the Box” makes us realize what we are going to do by interrupting our behavior before we can turn it on.

http://www.gk-design.co.jp/jfda/symposium/4th/TS_presen_am.html

8 Likes

26 Likes

i was loving gazing at this photo on my wall when i noticed, for the first time, the small text in the bottom left corner

1995.4.17. 13:00 羽田 セガ · エンタープライゼス本社にて
1995.4.17. 13:00 at Haneda Sega Enterprises Headquarters

and that it was apparently taken at 2PM 1PM dummy on my 10th birthday.

I will derive renewed strength from this powerful information.

17 Likes

Saw this Bang & Olufsen thing at a second hand store today. Never buying a CRT but loved the way it looked.

Doesn’t seem like any way to adjust the pole height so no clue where it would even fit in a home.

7 Likes

what on god’s green urf

2 Likes

4 Likes

I bet this was used in a store or for events or something? Nothing about this looks like a consumer product.

When it comes to placement options, BeoVision 1 spoils you with choice. Easy access, anywhere you want it, BeoVision 1 offers a range of five placement options, from table top to high and low floor stands, from wall mounting to a traditional stand with room for a VCR player. If you opt for wall mounting or the high stand, the power and aerial cables can be hidden inside the stand for seamless connection. Place it on a table with or without room for a VCR/DVD player. Or set it upon the special high stand and lift your television 2 metres off the ground.

edit: oh my god the remote control

6 Likes

yeah, like, I’ve always liked the Beovision 1 design in particular of all the cool B&O CRTs, but I didn’t expect that beanpole to be OEM spec

i feel like cocaine must have been either particularly cheap or good in 1980s Denmark

9 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face: :musical_note:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crtgaming/comments/jl0yye/this_must_be_the_most_aesthetically_pleasing_set/

neato

9 Likes

11 Likes

tfw no CRT gf

9 Likes