Oracle, o desespoir

Quick update with a few easy battles.

CHAPTER 2

Back to the present, one year after our last battle We have two guests helping in battle:

Agrias is a Holy Knight, like Wiegraf. Her stats are maybe a little lower, but she’s still very powerful.

Gafgarion has a new class, Fell knight. Think Holy Knight, with the big long range sword attacks and all, except instead of doing multitarget damage he absorbs HP. He’s an unkillable monster.

Both have 200+ HP while our oracles have 70-80.

As long as they’re with us we can’t lose!!

In the one year between chapter 1 and 2, Ramza bought some purple gear.

Chapter 1 Ramza:

Chapter 2 Ramza:

Nice.

VII: Dorter

Upon seeing Gafgarion, the thief does a feather hat throwing animation that’s totally avatar material. I unfortunately haven’t been able to find an animated gif on the internet (why?)

Agrias and Gaff basically don’t even care about being ambushed.

Two thieves, two arches, two black mages.

Agrias and Gafgarion do all the damage. Oracles only cast negative status spells at this point, because their own attacks are beyond awful

The battle is so easy that I didn’t even bother to cancel an Hesitation that targeted one of my oracles

After the battle, we go to the nearest bar and do a few extra sidejobs for money and job points.

I think that my oracles talk about god more than regular units would, because they have high faith?
The kind of little touches I love in FFT

VIII: Araguay Woods

“War of the Lions reads like a Shakespearean drama”

We get a choice here: Care about the chocobo or not.
Against all odds, we actually choose to, because IIRC we suffer a hidden brave stat decrease if E don’t? Nothing big, it doesn’t really matter much.

Protect missions are brutal: we have to kill everybdoy and if the ally gets to 0 HP at any point, we immediately lose. There’s no death counter. Phoenix downs won’t help.

Of course, this doesn’t really matter much here, as we’re up against 6 goblins.

Red goblins are garbage.
They have oracle worthy physical stats, a spin punch that targets all adjacent units. They can also counter. That’s it.

There’s a fancy blue goblin in here too. It’s… pretty much the same thing as a red goblin honestly.

The chocobo easily runs away (… he didn’t really need us to outrun crappy goblins) and Agrias stays at his side.

The chocobo wants to join us. Wait! It’s Boco, Wiegraf’s chocobo! That’s why it could not die earlier! Setup and payoff, guys!

We do not accept it in the team.

Hey guys. Honestly, the game has become too easy and boring lately.

Why not make Gafgarion a white mage with no spells learned, then remove all his equipment, in order to add a little challenge.

What do you think?

** IX: Zeirchele falls**

Delita and the princess are here. Bunch of knights arr attacking them. Delita has already killed 2, and there are 5 others remaining.

Oh no.
Betrayal!!

The mission is to protect the princess.

Ovelia is super badass, she can easily take care of herself. She has a super spell that casts Haste, Protect, Shell, Regen, Reraise on herself.

She also doesn’t hesitate to directly jump into the waterfall right away.

Delita joins as a guest. Another strong unkillable holy knight.

Gafgarion is now working against us. But we made him a white mage with no armor and he’s still one. Wow

So long, sucker

Otherwise it’s just two holy knights, one unkillable princess and four oracles against five regular knights. What a joke.

Delita and Gafgarion are gone. Ovelia stays with us, but, as a princes, she won’t participate in battle and Agrias will stay with her.

We’re straight out of overpowered guests from now on.

Don’t worry guys, because:

We can buy cypress poles now!!

Poles are a kind of weapon exclusive to oracles, that deal physical attacks based on magic power, up to two square away. They are both a massive damage boost and a new way to ignore enemy counterattacks.

Wow

7 Likes