One Game For SButt To Play

I love Bernband. Feels way more like dreaming than LSD Dream Emulator ever did. It also makes good on the memory I had of playing Another World on Amiga as a kid and looking out a window and seeing a huge city and wanting to explore it. I wish there were more games like it!! Games with the feeling of accidentally stumbling into a lecture already in progress and staying for no other reason than to exist in a place for a time that you normally would never be… if that makes sense!! Def hyped to play the sequel.

I love Arcanum. The only game where I can be an Elf blasting people with a tesla gun while wearing a pink dress. One of those games I immediately replayed just to do another playstyle. Maybe it’s kinda fucked up but I laughed out loud at so many of the low intelligence dialogue choices. You can get NPC’s so mad that they attack you just from repeatedly getting their name wrong!! I wish another RPG would come along and do its setting… the only other I can think of is Space 1889… and that game sucked!!!

Anyway my recommended game is Inherit the Earth. It’s my favorite adventure game. I’ll just copypaste the review I wrote on GOG:

Inherit The Earth: Quest for the Orb takes place after humans have disappeared, leaving animals to interpret our legacy.

Halfway through the game you have to fix a broken lens from a telescope. You take it to a village of ferrets known for their expertise in building things who marvel at it and wonder how it could have been built. They consult a hand-held artificial intelligence, who they simply refer to The One Who Knows All, on how to build another. It’s a world in which mankind is remembered for our seemingly magical technological and artistic achievements, and not that of destruction or cruelty. It’s really hard to overstate just how much the wholesomeness and naivety of the animals contributes to the enjoyment of this game.

I mean just look at the boxart for the PC98 version of the game… like… 4 real

2 Likes