Official SB Anime Club

It was a very good lineup. It should inspire everyone to curate their own night!

I highly recommend watching Valenoir. It’s terrible, and might inspire anyone to try their hand at anime, cuz there’s no way anyone on here could make something worse than that.

I bet you I could.

is there a fixed time when it happens? how long is it, usually? i managed to wrap around my head that the anime club is every tuesday (not thursday!!) but am still lost on the schedule (i have to calculate a bit because of the timezone and all)

it seems like fun as heck time despite me not being very knowledgeable about those Japanese Cartoons

usually starts around 5 in the afternoon mountain time for me, and Rude Man’s Anime After Dark starts around 10 and can go until 1

i start showing live action stuff at 11:30pm uk time

oh thanks i’ll be on the lookout then :blush:

I wanna show people how terrible Valanoir is but I can’t find it outside of super shady looking streaming sites!!

Probably the best possible venue??

Most videos remain in the playlist for a week so you can just hop on https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub, click on the name in the playlist, and bam, it’s yours.

I kinda wanna make a new thread with a FAQ or something in the first post. Or is it possible to insert one at the top of this thread? I drew (really dumb) art for it already so someone better say “yes”.

3 Likes

pm it to me and ill copy/paste it for ya?

I haven’t tried it, and I don’t know for sure if we enabled it, but Discourse has a feature which lets you mark the first post of a topic as like a “wiki post” to let other users edit it. This post is a reminder to myself to look at that later.

THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE GONNA BE ADDING, HALEY! OR BOTOGGLE! SOMEONE WILL BE DOING SOMETHING BUT I STILL HAVEN’T WRITTEN THE FAQ! I’LL GET TO THAT TOMORROW AND I PROMISE IT WON’T BE IN ALL CAPS!

So yeah! Tomorrow! 8PM EST! It’s THE FORGOTTEN TALES OF ANIME CLUB! We will be catching up on some of the serials we’ve been neglecting! I don’t remember what we were watching so hey check the planning sheet for clues! Also make sure to tune in early for Loki’s pre-show!

https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub

DO IT!

Oh yeah confession: I traced Frol. I couldn’t bear the thought of getting a single line wrong…

14 Likes

fucking amazing

hobo did you draw that??

man that’s rad as heck

I questioned it for a second and then I saw Frol

there’s no way he didn’t draw it

starting in like 10 minutes woo~

That’s right, I drew it! Here’s what it looks like without the inks. I kinda like it more this way.

Thank you for the kind words! The Select Button Anime Club deserves only the best because…

So please, join the Genius Party at https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub RIGHT NOW for a night of wonder! We got Tokimeki Tonight, Space Adventure Cobra, that great radio play show, Kinnikuman, Xabungle, Cutie Honey, that Birdie thing, and more!! LOG ON NOW, BUDDIES.

2 Likes

offhand talk in a handful of scattered Anime Club Nights has resulted in my plotting of an offshoot: the start of Select Button Non-Anime Nights. first session’s the week after next, on the last week of summer before all the young sb posters go die in college again. not sure if it should take up the anime night slot or if this is a good opportunity to hash out a different timeslot better for more / different people than tuesday evenings: taking suggestions for set-up.

https://synchtu.be/r/SBNONANIMECLUB

a grab bag of main baseline starting episodes, half based off those conversations, as is planned:

• Cybersix
  • Mystery Incorporated
  • Batman Beyond
  • Men in Black
  • Clone High
  • Gumball

with only an episode’s worth from each of these and not much filler readied (gods, anime club filler is reaching new heights) there’s plenty of room for more suggestions and insertions, though.

5 Likes

Jokes on you I’m in my first lecture of the semester right now

Jokes on you I was dead long before I arrived at my first embedded microprocessor systems lecture.

That said having classes is only more of an excuse to ignore responsibility and watch some dang ol anime

1 Like