Coffee (Formerly Eternally Doomed (Formerly Nu-DOOM Murder Junkies (Formerly I played the Doom closed alpha on PS4)))

all I ever wanted

re: destiny & ‘lethal gunplay’ or whatever the fuck, i honestly think fatebringer is one of the most satisfying vidcon weapons

can i get a ‘destiny apologist’ title

5 Likes

Fatebringer is legit fun to use, yes.

Endgame Destiny guns all sound like keyblades y’all

The map for Nu Doom is straight up Metroid Prime and I love it.

This would probably be a lot of work and something sold more as DLC but I have secretly been wishing that turning the game to lowest graphics settings would make it look like old Doom.

you have a real weird thing about referring to console generations by their canonical numbers and also wanting every game ever to be officially ported and resold for them. I know I come down hard in the opposite direction but do you know why you feel this so strongly?

doom 3 bfg edition comes with the ultimate doom and doom ii. cant remember if it includes the master levels or the doom ii episode they did for the xbla release.

my recollection on the matter is shaky because i pretty quickly replaced bfg edition with a psn download collecting all the aforementioned doom games and episodes as well as the final doom. its called something like classic doom collection. anyway, thats on the ps3.

to my knowledge, youre s.o.l. on the bone or quattro.

Just a note: for the Steam version, BFG edition comes with modified versions of the wads, so if you intend on doing any meaningful amount of source port usage get the Classic releases instead.

oh ya and this reminds me: play doom on pc if you at all have the option just do that

It’s good, yeah. Maybe not pay-full-price good but it is fun to play so far. I don’t plan on touching multiplayer and I can’t use snapmap right now because my psn sub lapsed and I haven’t renewed it yet so I don’t know if that’s going to end up being a thing or not.

hey i picked up and played this new game, after going through the 360 port of the original game in one sitting. it feels good! i’m still only a few levels in and it’s pretty fun, but i sometimes get lost in the huge areas. the shotgun and the assault riffle feel good and you can get into a decent rhythm sprinting around the map, glory killin’ dudes before stunnin and blasting them.

i don’t play a lot of FPSs so this feels about right. i’m sure it’ll wear on and not be worth its full price, but so far, it’s alright.

I found the super shotgun in the last level I was in so now it’s a True Doom experience. Then I upgraded it so the shot pierces enemies. I am a nightmare walking.

Your avatar goes well with that post

1 Like

Reached the first Hell level last night and got the Gauss Gun, which is actually the rail gun from Quake. Also from Quake there’s Quad Damage in the game?!

I upgraded the Heavy Assault Rifle to have a scope which makes it like a sniper rifle only there’s no waiting to reload each shot, so it’s basically just a more precise Assault Rifle. I like that.

This is cool.

4 Likes

Now that I’m playing it, I assume the chugging metal that occasionally breaks in is from an invisible band witnessing all these glorious kills and unable to contain their excitement at beholding my swelling glory.

5 Likes

If only all killers could be so grossly incandescent.

2 Likes