News Thread 64 - Max Headline

I feel like I Kickstarted this 100 years ago

4 Likes

big gray matter vibes from that

1 Like

i love how much effort teams put into game trailers only for me to skip ahead to gameplay

8 Likes

60 fps was common for 6th gen platformers and this gives me field rendered ps2 with those jaggies. it’s more the high geometry that breaks illusion for me.

looks like it has great movement!

2 Likes

They’re making a sequel to Let It Die?

7 Likes

p wild that all the new yakuzas are still supporting PS4

at this rate it feels like it’ll be late 2024 before I feel the need to get ray tracing enabled hardware

next year is like, street fighter, baldurs gate, Zelda, whatever, that’s good enough

3 Likes

Not really, Yakuza was PS3/PS4 cross-gen until 0? Maybe Kiwami? It just feels like that all over again but more justified

3 Likes

Splatoon 3 outsold all PS5 software sales in Japan since launch in 3 days

that’s why

8 Likes

I expect there’s gonna be a wave of ambitious UE5 stuff that makes Japan look overly cautious at some point in the next couple years that finally compels me to upgrade, but it sure hasn’t been announced yet

There was also that Harada tweet where he was complaining to Sony the day before the State of Play that he still hasn’t been able to get a PS5 despite announcing a next-gen only game

6 Likes

the hardware sales numbers from last week, aside from being very in favor of Nintendo, point to a supply issue with the PS5

also the price of it goes up in a week

oiaSNUs

7 Likes

purely anecdotal but Sony’s Japan hardware stock allocations have been super fucked since the PS4 Pro and PSVR came out

1 Like

lateral thinking with withered technology wins again

6 Likes

A Battle Royale! I’ll get it because ???

1 Like

meanwhile

that’s the stuff

8 Likes

rolled my eyes at this before i considered we’re playing sonic unleashed on a five hundred dollar xbox rn lol

9 Likes

yeah, and this thing is actually priced competitively with the dedicated android handhelds and is a unique form factor for an FPGA

I’m sticking with CRT retropie over a mister but I want the pocket to do well as far as software support

1 Like

otoh $115 VMU

9 Likes

does the screen light up while it’s in the controller?

if so, you could play sonic shuffle in the dark for only $400

8 Likes