NEOTOKYO DAILIES (select button plays together #1)

hey so ive been wanting to do this thing for a bit called Select Button Plays Together where for one day a week (or more…bubba…) we revive a game that maybe may not be so popular and play it one day out of the week together

the first game I would like to elect is

Neotokyo

Neotokyo is a team oriented FPS like Counter Strike built in the Source Engine but it has a Ghost in the Shell spin and revolves around two teams trying to capture a Ghost still residing in the shell of a robot body

unlike Counter Strike and being able to build your own loadout, Neotokyo works on a simple loadout system of Light Medum Heavy that sort of works in a triangle of situational effects and weapons that work best against other classes.

NEOTOKYO IS A GAME ABOUT TEAMWORK

very rarely can one good player carry a team in Neotokyo, and the game routinely comes down to which team can organize on their feet and work together to the best of their ability.

also:

neotokyo has an incredible soundtrack

okay so heres the deal
id wanna run this ideally maybe on the weekends
but any weekday works
im trying to get a side room in the discord for this limited time only event while its up

I believe neotokyo is an 8v8 game but it may also work with 16v16, which would be amazing if we could get enough people!!

between the other discord im in and SB I think I may be able to pull this off, but this is an open invite thing and id love to have people come in from all over

resurrecting older games on a limited time basis seems like a very Insert Credit thing to do even if they never did it im not sure, I wasn’t around

there are instructions on how to get the game on the website and I will post an update if I get a room in the discord so you all know!! please!!if we can find out a day that works for the most amount of people, thru like September we could make it a weekly thing

4 Likes

oh man I was interested till you said TEAMWORK :stuck_out_tongue:

this is a good idea

I like this idea. I’m available on weekends between 8 am and 6 pm PST. Those are always the best times for me.

i like this, and yeah, weekend mornings/afternoons probably best

Yo Glam I was totally gunna make a similar thread! 'Cause I’ve got all these multiplayer games sitting round that I can never play.

This is the same as the one on Steam right??

yes

Boy, I remember when NeoTokyo came out and it had just about the best looking smoke in a video game.

2 Likes

I think we should schedule a game for wednesday morning some time, or wednesday night

Wednesday mornings I can’t do, but most other times during the week are fine.

i cant do weekdays really bc im a nerd and work/school

an immaculate time would be on sunday @ 7 am. if i’m partying on saturday i can stay up and drink americanos until it’s go time. my sleep deprivation will only boost my unpredictability in the multiplayer arena.

isn’t your morning our night?

Yeah. Wednesday nights my time I’m busy.

I’m up for it, but mainly weekends work for me. I’m an Europoor though, so weekend mornings US-time are great for me.

dangit guys! I gotta work weekends. If we wanna skip to a weekend schedule, I can get off work at like 3-4 on Saturday Sunday and earlier on friday.

also, don’t think that just because i want to play means you guys can’t play without me! if there’s a time that available to you, i’d rather have as many people playing as i could instead of waiting around for me !

BTW @GlamGrimfire your Steam name you have in the IDs and Egos (kojjirothemaeon) thread doesn’t seem to work.

wow fucked up, ill rectify it as soon as i can

1 Like

@Godamn_Milkman and I got a chance to play some of this today. It’s interesting to slip back into a pre-loadout (for the most part) pre-kill cam kind of killstreak game. After about thirty minutes or so, people we were playing with started letting their friends know there were people on and the server actually filled up pretty quickly when we started doing decently.

One of the things I like about this game is how intensely sprawled out the maps our. on nt_skyline, you play across the tops of several industrial zoned skyscrapers so there’s all kinds of pipes and side walkways linking things together, and an entire sub structure of interiors underneath. The map is balanced between close and long range engagements and it’s super neat.