Need to see more from them...

@anonymous, I was hoping that you would make a post like this. It’s one of the reasons I made the thread!

@vegetables, I was thinking about Almodovar a lot recently, too. That’s another reason why this topic has been on my mind.

It’s interesting to me how my relationship to a creative voice can go from disinterest to obsession and back again. For instance, a bunch of people mentioned Kiyoshi Kurosawa. I never saw Pulse or Cure, but I did see Creepy. I didn’t like it*, but now that so many people have talked him up, I’m willing to give him another try. Robert Bresson was only interesting to me at first because of his status in the canon, but now I actually like his movies. Guess some things really do come with age.

Anyways, the big reason I made this thread is that I really like to hear about artists that have inspired obsessions and I like to hear about everyone’s obsessions. Thanks for all the responses!

*However, the movie did inspire me to say クリーピーです whenever I encountered something creepy.

3 Likes