Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

Well, I had spoiled the “for the Vita” part, which the quote ruined, to get people excited before making them realize that no, we’re not actually getting real EXVS.

The new board won’t let us have nice things

Wii U port of GBA SMB3 including e-reader levels (probably all of them? Or they would more than likely be locked behind amiibo paywalls)

Dreamcast 2!

Is that a joke

It reads like a joke

I would, however, buy a small DC-esque case and build my own damn computer, thank you

I know this is really similar to Sega’s PC arcade hardware but this is literally like, 250-400 bucks in parts and won’t run non-developed-for-specced-hardware stuff well. I could literally take a bus to Microcenter and build a computer that would kill this thing for the same cost (the joke being that I almost did a few days ago).

1 Like

like steamOS but worse

I really think all this enthusiasm around super cheap prefab x86 PC-consoles is misguided. if it had come out in 2012, for sure, yeah. but the ps4 already has all the benefits of being an x86 BSD fork running on mid-end hardware in addition to having lots of exclusives and a nice infrastructure and an inevitably less fiddly OS than anything that tries to be a PC first. and it’s already a good deal. steamOS is barely succeeding with the combination of free software enthusiasm + valve pumping a ton of work into middleware and promotion in an established storefront.

It least it’s not this Colecovision cartridge-revival pipedream Kickstarter reboot

At least they have investors and a dead brand instead of just a dead brand. And a not-boring hook (new old games! Old old games too!)

I had to send my Dreamcast for repair after it started randomly resetting. It was a fairly common problem. I wish people would stop trying to revive old computers by adding the old name to a new PC. Seems to happen fairly regularly with the C=64 and Amiga as well.

My Dreamcast was bought used and, after a power surge killed the AC cord that came with it, it would always stay on through power surges. So, if they can make a PC with a UPS stuck somewhere inside while retaining its small profile, I will buy it.

1 Like

Oh how right you were.

If this game doesn’t end with a wall of fire passing across the map, wiping clean the entire planet, I will be sorely disappointed.

This is very good news. Although I would prefer a 3DS port since I don’t own a WiiU, but I am just glad there will be an option to play these levels (without emulation). That article seems to suggest the levels will be selectable from a menu so I assume that means the whole works.

If only Nintendo went further than the initial Ambassador batch. Out of all their recent weird decisions, (mis)handling Virtual Console stuff on 3DS is probably among the weirdest.

http://www.freedomplanet2.com/

Good game gets sequel, justice served in the universe

Oh, by the way, Steam is imploding on itself today (Christmas), so you probably shouldn’t use it for a bit

edit: If you poke around on the site, you’ll find out that Sonic porting guru Taxman is assisting on FP2 (he’s ported the physics to Unity); with the game being made in Unity instead of Game Maker, it’ll probably be on more platforms a lot more quickly than FP is (PC and Wii U so far)

1 Like

Pretty sure freedom planet was made with multimedia fusion two. That’s successor to glorious train wrecks baby click and play.

yeah I haven’t played it because I’m possibly too averse to furry stuff but it didn’t look like game maker to me

That’s probably right then, I must’ve misremembered what I read around the Wii U port’s announcement. Still an actual good game and it even has a mode that strips out the cutscenes and voice acting.

Lolis smile back on Steam or something offensive like that

1 Like

Real true lolicons have the Deathsmiles 360 faceplate