Movies You Watched Today (2022) ENG SUBS [HD] >>Click to Download<<

4 Likes

I am so glad to hear that Brandon Cronenberg’s movies are exactly as bad as I thought they would be after seeing a 30 second FB reel of an interview with him being boring. He seems like he doesn’t even like movies and is just going through the motions making horrible cinema like some other nepotism baby would oversee widget manufacturing or whatever.

3 Likes

18 Likes

just been watching this over and over and getting real contemplative

8 Likes

this is the exact thing I would expect him to say given that he made Election.

4 Likes

I thought Infinity Pool was an okay depiction of being dehumanized by spending time with wealthy people relative 2 the other depictions of this i’ve seen recently (white lotus, triangle of sadness, etc.) in that it seems to capture the POV of a poor person a little better, but the sheer quantity of these sad rich vacation simulators is really tiring.

Also, I think it’s a little revealing that in most of these that I’ve seen, the lower class people being put through the process of self-cannibalization or whatever are always implied to be unable to support themselves due to a (semi self-conscious) lack of talent.

3 Likes

I believe the lead actually came from money? There’s definitely a line about that between the freakout moments, strobe lighting sex collages and Mia Goth Doing Something Behind Your Back

I will happily ride the Crony Jr Train after this and his previous work, while being miffed for not caring at all for Crony Sr’s latest

1 Like

The other clips in this thread are similarly excellent. My husband and I just watched all of them and we lost our minds at the first one where he says basically “hey can I respond in Cantonese? this will make it easier for me to say it. Okay… FILMS HAVE GOTTEN WORSE.”

love this dude. I watched so much of his stuff last year because of a link on SB and I’m better for it. :heart:

5 Likes

Oh really? I remember all the discourse about him having rich wife…slacking too hard…etc but not that. I feel like that’s a definite L for the film if it’s not even willing to commit to the transparently teed up metaphor.

1 Like

I mean I was huffing some similar incense at the time but in checking the Wiki right now you’re actually correct!

Still manages to be a ghoulish bourgeois playground for those with more money than imagination (hedonism amirite)

1 Like

face/off (1997) - arguably, the main thing you don’t want to happen when you perform a face/off. the surgical procedure of face/offing became heavily stigmatised as result of this movie despite events like the ones it represents happening in less than 5% of all cases.

9 Likes

I watched Deadstream based on this recommendation and on the recommendation of a twitter mutual who also told me about the piss bucket waterboarding. I guess it makes a big impression on everyone who sees it.

Piss aside, I was so impressed by this movie! It’s low budget as hell, stars the writer/director, and half the crew seems to be the extended family of the DP. But it’s the most watchable movie about an easily-hateable protagonist that I’ve seen in a long time. He’s a pitch-perfect depiction of an obnoxious Youtuber, which is satisfying to see for its own sake. He’s onscreen for maybe 90% of the running time, and he’s awful, but he’s self-deprecating in a sad way and he experiences so much slapstick pain and misery and bad luck in the movie that it’s hard to fully hate him.

The movie’s core gag is that the streamer has strapped many cameras to his body and to the walls of various rooms in the house, and he can cut deliberately (and not-so-deliberately) between various video sources for his livestream. The constant cutting is really good for the movie and for the found footage format in general–there’s a constant torrent of sight gags, a steady introduction of new visual media, video sources, etc.

Hilariously it seems that the creature design is by someone who worked at that sad Evermore theme park/immersive experience in Utah and was only able to work on the film because they’d been laid off during the park’s Covid closure. Full circle youtube!!

1 Like

I watched Aenigma because I saw a few minutes of it on one of Shudder’s always on streams and it looked like an Argento movie with none of the style, except it turned out to be a Fulci movie so it was also incomprehensible and mind-numbingly boring and I remember pretty much nothing about it except that it seemed to be an attempt at biting Argento. Just about all that stuck with me is:

Fallin’ head over heels and you just can’t stop
Fallin’ into the arms of a loverrrr

I can’t get it out of my head.

I watched Skinamarink a few weeks back with somebody and that was a whole lot of absolutely fucking nothing. It should’ve been a $10 horror game on Steam not a full-length movie. My biggest regret is not saying we gotta turn this shit off because this is worse than Fulci.

I also re-watched Thir13en Ghosts and House on Haunted Hill with somebody and of the two the latter is arguably the more enjoyable movie despite the former having Matthew Lillard and the latter having Chris Kattan. We also re-watched The Frighteners. Did Peter Jaxxon name the female protagonist after Melanie Lynskey? I still don’t like that movie much, but it does have this:
ezgif-4-4548f15532
Which I wound up repeating a bunch of times because it was hilarious.

1 Like

finally watched the lighthouse. it was alright. a bunch of disconnected scenes of men yelling at eachother

WHAT WOULD HAVE MADE IT A COHESIVE MOVIE IS WHEN ROBERT PATTINSON TAKES DOGGY DAFOE FOR A WALK HE TOOK HIM TO DRINK OUT OF THE LATRINE. like how would that not be the most poetic revenge? we’re making movies here! the man lies to you and makes you drink latrine liquor as the first interaction and getting revenge isnt fueling your heart through the entire movie?? you linger your fucking camera on that filthy water and then show it again with a dead bird that has the soul of the guy with the same job as you that you think got killed on the island before you got there and your entire BEING doesnt swell with the desire to give the murderer a swirlie in the corpse and shit juice??? come ON

8 Likes

Not a revenge movie! Its a masturbation film, and what would’ve made it better is if the director was allowed his original plan of match cutting from the lighthouse to rpattz’s dong but alas people thought that was too much

5 Likes

what is forcing a man on a leash to drink from a toilet if not masturbatory though

3 Likes

see i think the problem with it is that its pretty incoherent like it seems like its going in all these directions but doesnt. if it was just about jerking off i could respect that I suppose. it really did feel like a tales from the crypt ep down to two celebrity guys yellin at each other in enclosed spaces

3 Likes

the lighthouse was such a disappointment to me after the vvitch

1 Like

I thought gemini man was the better boomers vs millenials movie from that year

4 Likes

Ang Lee is the biggest budget auteur I have some degree of respect for. What he did with Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk was inspired.

2 Likes