Movies where actors pull double duty.

I’m watching Jumanji on cable and just noticed that Jonathan Hyde plays two roles, one as Robin Williams characters’ father and another as the British big game hunter from the game world.

First time I noticed this detail! What are some other movies that do this? Obviously, there’s Split which is a recent example but I find it more interesting when it’s not as obvious.

TNP / NP2: The Klumps

3 Likes

in peter pan media traditionally hook and mr darling are played by the same person

2 Likes

obviously peter sellers in dr. strangelove

1 Like

in kill bill 2 the same guy plays the sheriff at the beginning and esteban at the end. he was pretty amazing as the latter.

Tom Hardy plays twins in a film called Legend

Nicolas Cage and John Travolta play both themselves and each other in face/off

5 Likes

There’s an actor in the LOTR trilogy who plays several different prominent orc characters

Also John Rhys-davies plays both Gimli and Treebeard

also Brett McKenzie played Figwit and Lindir (I had to look these names up; he’s just an extra but also one of the guys from Flight of the Conchords).

favorite

2 Likes

Does Face/Off count. I mean it could get in on a technicality. Nothing better than Travolta pretending to be Nicholas Cage, and Nicholas Cage being well the same.

1 Like

And then I knew: that this boy, would be a fool, for blondes.

not a movie but garret dillahunt in deadwood

deadwood was the best

1 Like

Paul Dano in There Will Be Blood would likely qualify.

whomst among us can claim to know a double dutier than michael keaton

2 Likes

I Know Who Killed Me is the best movie featuring Art Bell and Awesome Color.

nicholas cage as john travolta was nicholas cage but with even more awkward face touching

2 Likes

Alec Guinness plays 8 members of the D’Ascoyne family in Kind Hearts and Coronets

2 Likes