more sb media clubs, more, more

Please…

1 Like

Depending on how my work hours turn out I would be willing to contribute to this. I’ve been meaning to get back into streaming for a while!

shifted the thread to another forum, preventing the idea from getting axed. still not quite free enough to set up everything and also still pretty uncertain of scheduling and what not, but at some point or another from ceaseless discussion I scribbled down some documents.

Info sheet, Submissions sheet- and the latter has some input space for hashing out a schedule like I haven’t figured out yet. Hopefully this idea can still live yet.

2 Likes

Where’s the easiest place to learn how to do this on a technical level, I don’t know shit about streaming

https://obsproject.com

I just installed this and went with the defaults and I think things have been ok.

One thing to note about how hosting works: the chat shown on the hosting channel is the hosting channel’s chat, not the hosted channel’s chat. So if some selectbutton account hosts me, and everyone is watching via the selectbutton account’s host, I don’t get to see any of those messages unless I open up the selectbutton chat myself.

Depending on how much chat interaction you are planning on doing, this may be something to take into account.

So it’ll bounce around slightly depending on what days meetings are happening, but for the most part I’ll have Thursday through Sunday available. Time zones might complicate things, though I’m sure we have our fair share of night owls that need entertaining. :V

Yes this seems to be pretty painless.

My only question is how do I check my chat without going to my own twitch channel and watching my own stream? Isn’t there some way to make the chat come straight to me, either through OBS or through twitch?

There’s an option to pop out the chat into its own window in the gear button at the bottom of the chat, or you can log into it via any old IRC client.

Thank you. I am so dumb

This standalone Twitch chat program might be useful if you’ve got another monitor? https://chatty.github.io/

Hmmm. I am in this thing: https://www.twitch.tv/communities/selectbutton.net

Is this anything to do with this thread, I can’t even tell?

There used to be a thread about this when it first came out trying to demystify what the difference between communities and teams are, but I think it might have been in the Axe.

Communities are effectively a tag you can give to your stream when you’re live, and there is a community directory which allows you to see everyone streaming right now who has set that tag on their stream. Unlike teams, which have a proper membership model that is managed by an admin, communities work on a blacklist model where everyone is able to set themselves as streaming for the selectbutton community unless they are banned for not respecting the rules of the community.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

Two more games to add to the pile: Sacrifice and Vangers. The latter one I’d have to take another stab at actually understanding, but it’s a gorgeous game.

Sacrifice is also hard as nails so I’d have to practice that as well.

I know we’re making good progress on setting up The SB Game Showcase Streamaganza but also

has been clawing away at my brain and I’m about to start this myself against my better judgment. Would people want the discussion itself to take place on the forum or the discord? And how many tankoubon would people be willing to read per uhhh week? Two weeks?

HI

I"M GOOD WITH THIS