Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

Yep, that’s the one.

geez this took me back.

2 Likes

How can anyone actually play Quidditch. It has the dumbest rules of any sport ever envisioned, it’s comically unplayable

2 Likes

i still find it amusing that two of the balls are just hazards designed to try to kill players

4 Likes

it actually probably is the single wittiest thing from the books, a Hieronymus Bosch discordant nightmare of a sport

8 Likes

Is it too late in this discussion to mention that for years I thought Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight were the same game? Needless to say I haven’t played either.

15 Likes

Honestly one of these days I’m going to play Shovel Knight and I bet I’ll have a pretty good time

1 Like

Hollow Knight looked like a flash game to me so I never played it. Played Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth instead. Maybe it’s mechanically inferior. But I wanted to be pleased aesthetically.

7 Likes

i’d also like to throw the xbox 360 game black knight sword into the mix, as that’s inexplicably the first thing i picture when any of these games are mentioned

it’s possible the metroid 2 ruins theme might’ve had some better ones but i’m not going to pretend to have figured that one out yet

1 Like

I mean…

“chaser, beater, keeper, and seeker” still sounds like the worst cruising subculture imaginable

28 Likes

surprise surprise the rules still named “quidditch” insist on using “he/she”

roller derby is wonderful for athletic harry potter fans in recovery btw. once you see a trans girl get knocked on her ass enough times you can’t take terfs seriously

8 Likes

as usual im completely baffled at so many people heres dislike of Hollow Knight on like a “did i play the same game as the rest of you” level. its my favorite search action game! i love the aesthetics and the world and how intelligently the level/combat design scales up in complexity based on your abilities (remembering years of complaints about Igavanias and recycled monsters on boring shelves – HK never does that shit). i love that it is about BUGS and that they are as cute + creepy as bugs ought to be

maybe it’s Just Vibes idk

i am mostly excited for Silksong because Hornet is cool i like to think the radio silence is the devs taking their time making a good game lol

11 Likes

In England they call them public schools.

5 Likes

“public” in that context is actually a contraction of “pube lick”, an initiation rite

10 Likes

in england they call it dogging

4 Likes

WHAT THE FUCK

https://x.com/David_Mullich/status/1829574742686548110

29 Likes

Fuck me, I am genuinely bummed about this. Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord is one of my favorite games of all time, and the original Wizardry trilogy as a whole are timeless masterpieces after more than 40 years.

:pray:

11 Likes

hmmm idk if i have heard of this before, but it Sounds familiar

7 Likes